Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

More On Egr Cleaning

bluenose1940

Guest bigbullhead

Mine is 25620-26100 which was only on these models for a short time then they went over to 25620-26101

One number different but is it a change of part number or change of part etc

I had my egr valve changed this morning from lexus of leicester(sytner group). lucky it was still under warranty. The part number quoted on my invoice is L25620-26102. ( Lexus is220d MM 2007 model).

Just a heads up for anyone who has had their engines replaced like me, in my case was back in november 2013 and since then i've only done 3500 miles all motorway milage, i tend to use my wifes petrol car for city driving/runners. it came to my attention last week when the dread vsc/engine and traction lights came on while on the m25 and car went to limp mode..had to callout the break down guys. i mentioned to the technician that its a new engine and the egr valve was changed according to the invoice but as you can see from pictures,technician rightly pointed out that car driven only 3500 miles will not be coked liked that if valve was new.

So in my case the egr valve was never changed and the old one was re- fitted but lexus of leicester charged lexus uk for a new part. So do check if you had a new egr valve fitted.

First thing i did last week was to call lexus leicester and complain. i was booked in for today. Service manager was apologetic about the mistake and i've had a brand new Egr valve fitted this morning and also been told they updated ecu map for this model released by lexus uk

post-48710-0-26018000-1409059513_thumb.j

post-48710-0-50113600-1409059514_thumb.j

post-48710-0-26367900-1409059515_thumb.j

• 2 months later...

I removed the manifold from mine to clean it out as well as the egr valve, tool an extra 1.5 hours, refitted and used a product called revive through the intake system to clean the turbo too, been 10 months and 6k miles and no problems

• 7 months later...

can someone please link me to a post which explains how to clean the EGR valve? Im thinking about having a bash at it but cant find the link

much appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

I believe I have the same problem. My IS220d does not respond well when the accelerators is pressed until the turbo comes in.

Anyone any ideas on how to clean the manifold and perhaps the cylinder head inlet port.

can someone please link me to a post which explains how to clean the EGR valve? Im thinking about having a bash at it but cant find the link

I used this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g18DS7tx9d8

When I refitted mine it didn't start. There was an air leak due to the crap metal gasket. I just took it off again and smeared a small amount of exhaust gasket paste on each side of the gasket and refitted. Perfect!

I believe I have the same problem. My IS220d does not respond well when the accelerators is pressed until the turbo comes in.

Anyone any ideas on how to clean the manifold and perhaps the cylinder head inlet port

That's a magical feature of the 220d, epic turbo lag. They are all the same. You get used to it or learn to drive it accordingly. The gearbox has very long gear ratios. It's surprising how log you can say in one gear before you have to change. Basically, drop a gear when you want the power or stay in a lower gear. Took some getting used to.

Cleaning your EGR will help smooth things out so i'd give it a crack, won't do any harm. And it costs nothing, other than some carb cleaner. There are tuning boxes out there too that will smooth things out lag wise. Don't go cheap though. £200+. Will affect insurance of course.

Good luck both.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links