Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Getting My Gs450H Next Week,mp3?

hi folks,should be collecting my 450 next week,its on a 56 plate,I would like to know what my options are regarding connecting mp3/ipod/sd card for playing MP3s from,from what I can work out I am fairly limited on a 56 plate as they didnt get an aux socket until the 08 facelift?

I dont have an ipod currently but can pick one up if thats the best option? how much control will the touchscreen/steering wheel give me if I fit a kit and which kit is regarded as best?

many thanks

stew

excited!!

Hi, I imported a Vaistech unit for my 06 450h SE L, paid all the import duty and had a professional car audio technician to fit it, it refused to work at all, sent it back so I had Lexus Milton Keynes fit the Lexus approved I Pod connector in the centre box (beside my Pure DAB tuner) this works really well except no shuffle option so you have to create playlists. I think it was about £200. Works well with all the controls but the screen greys out when the car is moving.

I think other kits are available ( Dice?) but after the drama I just wanted a easy solution.

Enjoy the car, you will! I still really rate mine after 3 years and 135,000 miles

Regards Tony

Stew, I'll be doing the same as you in a couple of months time (pre facelift 450h) and will need both AUX and ipod interface to do the same as Tony's done (PURE DAB) and to connect my Iphone for music.

I've researched the options and will be buying something like this and using

youtube movie to guide me through the installation which actually looks quite easy.

Here's the urls in case the hyperlinks don't work: :geek:

http://www.incaripod.com/Vehicle/Lexus/DICE_Electronics_Lexus_iPod_Integration_Kit

• 2 weeks later...

Ian - the Dice kit you mention doesnt list the 450h as compatible ? heres the list from the link

Compatible Vehicle:

Lexus IS 250

Lexus IS 300

Lexus IS 350

Lexus ES 300

Lexus ES 330

Lexus ES 350

Lexus GS 300

Lexus GS 350

Lexus GS 430

Lexus RX 330

Lexus RX 350

Lexus RX 400

Lexus LS 430

Lexus LX 470

hi guys,i got the vaistech VML in the end and it works flawlessly.Tony,im guessing yours didnt work because you couldnt get it programmed? I struggled as the manual talks about waiting for confirmation beeps but I emailed the support guys and it turns out some cars dont beep,ie the 450....so once I got past that it works a treat :) added bonus was I found a lexus ipod kit in the car which i dont need so will sell and part fund the VML :)