Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

i have recently been having an intermittent power loss between 1-2000 rpm so i decided to take the car to lexus for a diagnostic check.the results of the check have confirmed piston ring failure,the engine is currently being rebuilt by lexus free of charge at nearly six years old and 91000 miles.

I had my engine rebuilt last year after sufferung the same symptons along with poor fuel consumption, I am now having a replacement 3 quarter engine after again having the same symptons a year later all under warranty.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, I had a new 3/4 block engine put in and collected my car today. Its a 07 IS220D Sport with 109000. Due to my job I do over 20k miles per year! Lexus Bradford repaired FOC, warranty invoice showed a total of over £3500 but the service rep said this doesn't include VAT and warranty parts are always cheaper, if I had to pick up the bill it would have been over £6k!

I'm just surprised that a brand such as Lexus has problems of this severity. Reading across this forum it's apparent this has happened to a lot of us.

Anyone know if they replace the EGR valve when they do this repair? I didn't really get an answer from the service rep and the parts list mentions the valve but unit price looks way too low to be a replacement.

Hi dgman

my car had covered 112,000 before the engine gave out, have now done around 2500 miles with the new engine which is performing really well. I do have a smoke problem when the car first starts up but i think it is turbo related as once its clear I can drive all day with not a puff of smoke until I stop again

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links