Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fault With Sensors During Rain

Hi all, just hoping to get some advice. I'll probably go to a Dealer to get this checked out but I'd like to get some other experience before I do so. Have recently bought a 2007 RX350 (40,000 miles) and it's got a fault with (I believe) the parking sensors. Essentially whenever I'm driving in rain, the sensors keep going off - the tone is consistent with something being too close to the vehicle but is evidently not. Furthermore, it's intermittent but regular (goes off every few seconds).

What makes me confident it's the rain is of course, if doesn't happen when it's not raining but equally the issue is much much worse when driving at motorway speeds where there's a lot of spray. These are original fittings and not after market.

Anyone had a similar experience?

You definitely have a fault somewhere - the sensors should not even be active at motorway speed. In fact I think anything above 3 or maybe 5mph and they should be inactive. Afterall they are PARKING sensors and you don't park your car at 70mph !!!

The dealer should be able to sort this very easily

The Ed

Yea. Something's not right. The alarm also just went off for no reason whatsoever. Wonder if it's water ingest causing some sort of short. I'l book it in with the dealer. Thanks for the feedback.

I heard somewhere that the rear sensors in the bumper can be damaged by pressure washers forcing water in to them. This could be the original problem. The sensors would have to be replaced (if under warranty) or removed, stripped down and cleaned with WD40. Thoroghly seal when putting back on.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links