Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Built In Sat Nav

Barry F Santon

I recently landed a beautiful IS200 from the year 2000 and have tried to find a cartridge for the Sat Nav (the one in the boot to the right of the spare) but have drawn a blank, I have tried the local dealers here (Cornwall) but again no luck. Any ideas. I'm not sure of the make. But looks like it's standard, I've even tried the previous owner who live in the next town. Thanks . :iraqi-info-minister:

Hello and sorry for the late welcome to the LOC.

When you say cartridge do you mean the disc or are you refering to the CD multichanger?

I could be wrong here as I have the feeling the CD changer is in the glove box but if that is the cartridge you are looking for it is normally a Pioneer one and there are usually some on eBay.

Must admit, didn't think the satnav unit had a cartridge, just a CD or DVD depending on the type, which you need to eject. So possibly the drawing a blank is because there isn't a cartridge.

IS200 don't have a seperate music CD changer and associated cartridge as you feed the multiple disc into the head unit one at a time.

Hi if your IS 200 is a 2000 model chances are that the sat nav uses a cd as the later ones used a dvd disc,they never used cartridges.Has it actually got a disc in the module in the boot though?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, sorry I haven't responded earlier, I drove to Disneyland Paris and back. (35mpg round trip, I was happy with that). I have had a look in the boot, and it does seem like it's just for a cd / dvd, but there's no eject button. It's not important as I have one via the stereo, I just thought I try to get it working. The pop up screen just stays blank, even with a change of batteries, so I might just change the unit for the space. Thank you for your comments.

Hi,chances are that you do not have a disc in the boot module or sat nav maybe broken,in order to access the eject button you first have to unscrew a silver metal plate held in by two screws\bolts and you then should be able to see the black eject button.hope this helps.