Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Do I Turn Off The Reverse Buzzer?

JohnF

Can someone please tell me how to turn off the constant "Gong" sound when the car is in reverse? According to the Owners Manual, (at the end of section 6-2, Customization, page 674 in my manual) it can only be altered by "Any authorized Lexus dealer or repairer, or another duly qualified and equipped professional". My dealer says it can't be done - "Safety Hazard"!

The sound is really irritating and totally unnecessary, it drowns the sound of the reversing sensors - and that is a sound that I DO need to hear.

It's probably aggravated in my case as it unfortunately seems to be a resonant frequency of my hearing aids.

I sympathise, the sounder annoys me too. In the case of my car ,I do not have parking sensors but I am accustomed to driving with them and I think that its only a matter of time before I reverse into something absent mindedly waiting for the bleeps to get quicker! It occurs to me that the sounder runs on two wire technology whereby if one wire is disconnected, there is no sound.Finding the blighter might be difficult perhaps its simpler and more attractive proposition to ask the technician to disable it :)

I tried to turn mine off too, but it says in the book only a the dealership can do it. I don't mind it, but it drives my wife mad, so I will be asking to have it switched off.

It is an option under the list of "lexus Personal Settings (LPS) and is possible to remove the feature via a Dealer.

"Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS). Done!"

I just got back from the dealer for the complimentary 30 days/1,000-mile Inspection Service. While I was there I had them program the following for me (complimentary within 60 days of car ownership) :

* All doors lock automatically when reaching 13mph

* All windows roll down with the key fob unlock button

(hold down the key for 3 seconds)

* Continuous beeping turned off while on reverse

* Doors unlock when car is put in Park (Well the service rep asked and I said, "sure why not?")

* All doors open upon touching the
side door handle (This I did myself)"

Looks like I am going to have to call in on your dealer in Derbyshire when I'm up that way, Steve. Clearly my dealer down here is not interested in after service.

Wass. Snag with disconnecting the sounder, this disables the good sounds too.

I find it strange that any dealer would refuse to customise the cars settings to the customers preference providing that it does not affect the cars safety :eerrrmm:

It is not compulsory to have the warning on as far as I am aware :unsure:

Andy

Andy. So if I dropped in sometime (by prior arrangement of course) you would do it for me?

John

Slightly off topic but what officer rank braiding is that in your avatar picture? Looks like a double Sqd Leader?

Success at last, I've joined Kylie Minogue's silent revolution at last - and now even in reverse gear. Took under 4 minutes.

What really puzzles me is why can this only be done by the dealer and not the owner like so many other features. I've been driving now for 57 years, I think by now I've learned to know which gear I'm in without audible warnings.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links