Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Avoiding The Dreaded "check Vsc"

gavstrabane

I own a IS220D 2006 with 76000 miles. I recently had the loss in power episode and check VSC etc. Lexus would not do any work under goodwill. I rang a lexus tecnician in republic of ireland and he said i should be fine as long as I get the EGR cleaned out along with exhaust manifold cleaned annually along with a rejuvination of catalytic convertor. I canot afford £5000 for de coke!!!! Anyone know if I can keer er tickin over without forking out big doe?

I own a IS220D 2006 with 76000 miles. I recently had the loss in power episode and check VSC etc. Lexus would not do any work under goodwill. I rang a lexus tecnician in republic of ireland and he said i should be fine as long as I get the EGR cleaned out along with exhaust manifold cleaned annually along with a rejuvination of catalytic convertor. I canot afford £5000 for de coke!!!! Anyone know if I can keer er tickin over without forking out big doe?

Have you read my thread "More on EGR Cleaning" ?

Solution of all problems connected to EGR valve is in the thread "blocking EGR valve". After u have close in this way u need to install electronic emulator instead of original FAP...study people study. All has been said around here ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Was told that the engine has a 7yr or 100000mile warranty because of these issues. Spoken to lexus as I was getting a bit anxious regarding mine (nothing wrong with it yet!!!) and they said if it starts consuming oil, VSC etc it may need engine rebuild. Worth making further enquiries.

Quite right there is indeed an extended warranty of 7 years or 110,00 miles.

Keep a watch on your oil filler cap for emulsified oil deposits (white sludge) - always a give away.

I'm currently running a test using the BG244 additive to help remove carbon deposits. Early days yet - only done 100 miles.

They refused to do anything since I hadn't had my servicing done at Lexus (even though it has a FSH) and I didn't buy from a Lexus dealer!!! They aint budging on this one even though the service manager at Lexus Belfast told me it is a manufacturing problem.

I am currently looking into buying a product called AR6200. Apparently its very good at cleaning carbon....Let us know how you find the BG244

I'd write a stern letter to Lexus UK if I were you. Tell them all you know about the issues of this engine. My understanding is, if the car has been regularly serviced and maintained then that should do. To insist on Lexus only servicing is a Restrictive Practice imposition which I believe is illegal under EU Law.

Even if Lexus had serviced the car you would still have had the problem. I had 6 Lexus stamps in my book and the Head Gasket still went. The implication there might be drawn that the Lexus 'technicians' are equally fallable or dare I say incompetent even. Which only goes to make it worse as they have a widely known problem here within their own brand. Or are they just being very secretive and sly about the whole situation. Either way it is highly suspicious and most unacceptable behaviour.

gav,i would follow normski's advice and get lexus gb involved as if you have service history according to the schedule there should not be a problem.my own service history with lexus is up to 60k and 30k with independent and lexus rebuilt my engine without charge.

i will let you know when i have tried the ar6200 but your engine may be too coked for any carbon cleaner to work but it may be worth you while to start with bg 244 as it's only £20 and it soon sorted the carboned vanes in my turbo.

the ar6200 is a regular treatment during your normal fuel usage whilst bg244 is a once in 7-10k miles treatment and must imo be much more potent.

Cheers lads for advice. I have already taken it up with Lexus GB. Apparently when deciding on who to do the work for it works via a "flow chart".....When my info was followed through on said chart it ended up with the wrong outcome for me!!!! the combo of not buying from a lexus dealer along with only ever having one Lexus service was the reasons. They said "you have not put any money into the network". I find it shocking that their servive manager in Belfast can tell me they have a manufacturing problem (though he is not willing to put this in writing) yet they are helping some people then letting others suffer. The car is going fine now after an egr clean but the problem is prob still there. I'm looking into ways of managing the problem now.

Cheers lads for advice. I have already taken it up with Lexus GB. Apparently when deciding on who to do the work for it works via a "flow chart".....When my info was followed through on said chart it ended up with the wrong outcome for me!!!! the combo of not buying from a lexus dealer along with only ever having one Lexus service was the reasons. They said "you have not put any money into the network". I find it shocking that their servive manager in Belfast can tell me they have a manufacturing problem (though he is not willing to put this in writing) yet they are helping some people then letting others suffer. The car is going fine now after an egr clean but the problem is prob still there. I'm looking into ways of managing the problem now.

Can not see how Lexus can defend that. A duff design is a duff design - period.

I would insist on having that in writing. Lets see if he is really telling the truth - I suspect he is twisting the words somewhat.

For £20 I would give the GB244 a go. Done 120 miles and things are defo improving. Low rev pick up is much better already.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links