Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

"good News...!" Letter From Local Dealer

TonyGoose

Got this letter from my local dealer and just wondering if anyone else is getting the same. :shifty:

Reads as follows :-

GOOD NEWS...!!

Our Dealer Principal {name of dealer principal} has asked me to contact you regarding some

good news about your existing vehicle.

Could you please contact me on {tel no.} quoting your reference number :

{ref no.} for further information.

Yours sincerely

{name of sales manager}

* THIS IS NOT A CIRCULAR; YOU ARE A NOMINATED CUSTOMER

REQUESTED BY LEXUS UK FROM OUR EXISTING RECORDS.

Call me suspicious but I'm assuming it'll just be a sales pitch as we're approaching the new registration date.

I'll give them a call and check but thought I'd see how many others had got this 'not a circular'. :lookaround:

TG

Not had this one ......yet. Had many similar from Lexus dealer over the years though. Last one implied they wanted to purchase my car but chatted to sales whilst having free winter check and discovered that my car (late 2002, 61k, FLSH) was too old for the forecourt but they would take in P/X.

Called dealer to see what it's about and here's the news :shifty:

Apparently letter was sent by Lexus UK.

They've selected a dealer and sent out 200 letters to some of that dealers customers each with its own reference.

Using these references the dealer has access to a selection of 17 new and used cars with 'special' offer discounts.

Once the 17 have gone that's the end of this promotion.

So presumably another dealer will be selected in a few months time.

Not wanting to change my car so not of much interest to me. :lookaround:

Continuing my suspicious view I'd guess head office wanting dealer to shift current stock in time for new Reg :rolleyes:

TG

Called dealer to see what it's about and here's the news :shifty:

Apparently letter was sent by Lexus UK.

They've selected a dealer and sent out 200 letters to some of that dealers customers each with its own reference.

Using these references the dealer has access to a selection of 17 new and used cars with 'special' offer discounts.

Once the 17 have gone that's the end of this promotion.

So presumably another dealer will be selected in a few months time.

Not wanting to change my car so not of much interest to me. :lookaround:

Continuing my suspicious view I'd guess head office wanting dealer to shift current stock in time for new Reg :rolleyes:

TG

Had a call from Lexus UK inviting me to a 'special VIP' day, and saying I would be contacted shortly to discuss which of particular day of the week would suit me. It turned out to be an appintment with a Lexus Salesman in Lexus (Sytner), Bristol, so I turned down the offer saying I only used Lexus Cheltenham since they opened as it was nearer to home. I was assured the special offers were only from the Sytner Group and no other Lexus Dealer groups were participating. A couple of days later I recieved a call from Lexus Cheltenham, part of the Listers Group, basically offering the same thing (assume a coffee and biscuits while a salesman does his very best to persuade you what stupendous deals they have on cars you don't really need) .