Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Engine Swap

I'm looking at pricing up a whole engine swap in an IS200 that i am going to be picking up soon. I am wanting to fit the GS300/Supra 2JZ-GTE into it and use the R154 gearbox. Has anyone on here done it before and can give me advice or does anyone know how much it would cost to do? i would be supplying the car, engine and gearbox.

Or the other option is, i but one that is already been converted, but i wouldnt know where to even start looking!

This is what i currently drive at the moment

CIMG2880.jpg

CIMG2894.jpg

Hi mate.

I've just done a swap but for a replacement 1G-FE unit with lower mileage, we managed to swap them over in 7 hours.

I would have thought it would be straight forward enough with the right tools.

Keep us posted :phone:

Hi mate.

I've just done a swap but for a replacement 1G-FE unit with lower mileage, we managed to swap them over in 7 hours.

Keep us posted :phone:

Not quite as simple as an OEM to OEM swap unfortunately. It won't be cheap/easy, but if you already have an engine and gearbox it won't be too much of a mission, usually sourcing the gearbox is the hard part I think.

Are you taking the engine from that Supra to put in it? Or are you gunna be greedy and have the Lexus and the Supra? lol

Hi mate.
Keep us posted phone.gif

I wish it would be so easy! lol

Not quite as simple as an OEM to OEM swap unfortunately. It won't be cheap/easy, but if you already have an engine and gearbox it won't be too much of a mission, usually sourcing the gearbox is the hard part I think.

Are you taking the engine from that Supra to put in it? Or are you gunna be greedy and have the Lexus and the Supra? lol

nothing is simple with that swap mate! pretty much everything will have to be custom

yeah i know its going to have to have some custom made parts, but will be worth it! If i get an aristo 2jz the sump is in the right place so the engine will go in fine, then its jus the the gearbox, and the tidying up thats going to be a pain. I've been talking with 1 of the garages/traders on the mkiv owners site and he is willign to do it, just want to find out alot more first before i start investing ALOT of money into this lol

Unfortunately theres not a lot of documented info on this swap mate, other than the costs can keep rising, so if you can get a set price for fitting it.

Also youll need to worry about the electrics, as there very complex in the IS. Ive got round quite a few with my conversion by changing things like the dash to a custom unit.

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What is exactly needed then? Engine, box, loom, custom mounts? Custom prop? Do you run a piggy back ecu just for the engine? Something im thinking of doing in the future its mainly the electrics that confuses me. I think i could quite easily get it in its getting it working thats the problem!