Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Do you mean Profess don't do their own DVLA registration!! That's a tad worrying.

Do Leeds do the whole package including registration?

Or as usual am I missing the point here?

Yes your right Profass are not registed so they pass there work to someone else to check and charge you £62 to get get your form for your ins and yes Leeds do the DVLA Reg but its £50 on top of the installation they said the £50 is nothing to do with them thats what it cost's them.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a tad concerning, will have to look in to it. edit - just looked at their faq - first question Q: Are our conversion certificates accepted by the DVLA? A: Yes we are recognized http://www.professautogas.co.uk/faqs.html

They do issue you with a certificate for your insurance company which has always been acepted without any problem for me.

As for the DVLA side I am a registered Disabled Driver and so I dont pay Road Tax so have never bothered to register.

London congestion wont accept your car free as they only accept cars that were converted when new by the manufactuer.

Mike

Further to the above I have just spoken to the guy that owns the company and he said that there had been some mix up but they are recognised by the DVLA and they have received a letter from DVLA confirming this.

This has occurred because UKLPG wanted to be the only people to be able to issue these certificates something which has now not been allowed.

Profess can issue you with the required certificates. It will cost you by the way no matter who you get to do it because the DVLA charge them.

Mike

Ah that's a little more reassuring. Why was one of our other members told he had to go elsewhere then?

My guess is he spoke to the nice young lady who wasn't up to speed as they say.

Mike

Bluesman, can I ask if you have any negative points regarding lpg conversion as a whole, insurance for example, or anything particular to LS.

I'm taking as read you are happy with profess, having read your posts on this subject.

Bluesman, can I ask if you have any negative points regarding lpg conversion as a whole, insurance for example, or anything particular to LS. I'm taking as read you are happy with profess, having read your posts on this subject.

Hi Mike

I have never found anything negative to say about LPG. I have never bought a car already converted because those I had a look at were mobile bombs with the smell of gas everywhere. I have only ever used two LPG converters Duelfuel in Woking they wanted £2500 and over a week to convert and the last two done by Profess One day and then £1440 which included full tank of LPG I had only heard good things about them couldn't find anything negative about them on the internet so decided they were for me.

All the guys there are either Italian where this technology was researched and developed and used long before we thought about using it. The other guys are eastern European where it was also used long before us as well.

Each one of the guys has a specific thing that he is in charge of like fitting the tank and filler then someone else is in charge of the electrics and so on they do about 6/7 cars a day.

That precious certificate for the insurance companies has always been accepted.

Insurance. I have only ever had one company that wouldn't cover me once it had been converted, their loss I paid £320 for this years on the Lexus and £235 on the Mondeo ST24.

No system has ever let me down.

I can never understand why companies that run fleets of cars, vans etc aren't converted at point of sale. If they were my companies I would want to know why and sack the financial Directors.

I could go on but I wont bore you any more.

Mike

PS Just thought of a negative, they wont allow you on the channel Tunnel with LPG.

Ah that's a little more reassuring. Why was one of our other members told he had to go elsewhere then?

Mike

Yes your are quite right it was a lady I spoke to and she did say to me that they do NOT issue a doc for the insrance and all there work was checked by a different firm who issue me with the document and that would be the following day so if I was the owner of Profass I would be getting shut of the lady very quickly.

Strange about the tunnel, there are plenty of diy lpg installations on campervan/motorhomes, and they are allowed through.

I thought there was talk of relaxing the rules a couple of years back, but obviously that didn't happen.

Anyway, thanks Mike for your long post, not at all boring, more info the better imo.

Strange about the tunnel, there are plenty of diy lpg installations on campervan/motorhomes, and they are allowed through.

I thought there was talk of relaxing the rules a couple of years back, but obviously that didn't happen.

Anyway, thanks Mike for your long post, not at all boring, more info the better imo.

Your right it was not boring at all I just wish I could have spoken to the same gent as Mike did

Steve.

Mike

Yes your are quite right it was a lady I spoke to and she did say to me that they do NOT issue a doc for the insrance and all there work was checked by a different firm who issue me with the document and that would be the following day so if I was the owner of Profass I would be getting shut of the lady very quickly.

She would have told you that it had to be taken to UKLPG

Mike

So, just to clarify.

If I go to Profess I will get my conversion done along with certificate in One day.

Am I also therefore to believe that taking it to another company the next day was duff info. I only ask as someone else mentioned earlier some of us live a fair distance away. Mind you, if you can book one of those cheap rooms from travelodge it wouldn't be so bad.

This is from the tunnel site

"LPG or equivalent flammable gas and dual powered vehicles (i.e. vehicles fitted with an LPG or equivalent tank as an alternative fuel) cannot be accepted for transport by Eurotunnel Le Shuttle"

There are strict controls on camper vans with gas bottles etc on exactly what you have and it all has to be checked in separately.

Mike

So, just to clarify.

If I go to Profess I will get my conversion done along with certificate in One day. Yes

Am I also therefore to believe that taking it to another company the next day was duff info. I only ask as someone else mentioned earlier some of us live a fair distance away. Mind you, if you can book one of those cheap rooms from travelodge it wouldn't be so bad.

I know of one installation which hit trouble (a friend) it was not Professes fault car but they were booked into a local B&B FOC and the car was finished Mid morning.

I rang the Leeds outfit and they said they can only give you the insurance certificate then quoted UKLPG again but the chap I spoke to did not fill me with any confidence that they could do a good job. It was hard work talking to him and trying to get across to him what I was inquiring about.

Just go to bed and think of those long summer days driving around the beautiful country roads and paying half the price and getting 100 times the luxury that most car owners could only dream of.

Mike

So, just to clarify.

If I go to Profess I will get my conversion done along with certificate in One day. Yes

I know of one installation which hit trouble (a friend) it was not Professes fault car but they were booked into a local B&B FOC and the car was finished Mid morning.

I rang the Leeds outfit and they said they can only give you the insurance certificate then quoted UKLPG again but the chap I spoke to did not fill me with any confidence that they could do a good job. It was hard work talking to him and trying to get across to him what I was inquiring about.

Just go to bed and think of those long summer days driving around the beautiful country roads and paying half the price and getting 100 times the luxury that most car owners could only dream of.

Mike

Have to say the gent that I spoke to was very helpful and I had no worries after talking to him not like the lady from Profass who convinced me to go somewere else which was a shame as I was already to book my car in.

I have collected the LS 430 from Leeds LPG.

Very neet instalation everything put where i asked for it fuel filler behind the petrol filler so no holes in the car.

Dirves no different so I am very happy.

Certificate for insurance and DVLA and 24 month warentee.

They do a free service and check up at 1000 miles.

Now i can Drive without worrying about the running costs :D .

I have collected the LS 430 from Leeds LPG.

Very neet instalation everything put where i asked for it fuel filler behind the petrol filler so no holes in the car.

Dirves no different so I am very happy.

Certificate for insurance and DVLA and 24 month warentee.

They do a free service and check up at 1000 miles.

Now i can Drive without worrying about the running costs :D .

Just smiles and smiles and smiles of smiles.

Mike

Brilliant news. How did they fit the filler without drilling holes? Have you got any pics of the install?

Sorry to mither you but Leeds is way closer than Wales for me too.

Not that much to see tank in the wheel well and cant see anything under the bonnet as its all covered bu the engine cover.

control switch

photo-76.jpg

Filling point has screw in adapter

photo-77.jpg

Not that much to see tank in the wheel well and cant see anything under the bonnet as its all covered bu the engine cover. control switch photo-76.jpg Filling point has screw in adapter photo-77.jpg

Thats looks great I have mine booked in with them on the 27 April cant wait.

Not that much to see tank in the wheel well and cant see anything under the bonnet as its all covered bu the engine cover. control switch photo-76.jpg Filling point has screw in adapter photo-77.jpg

Thats looks great I have mine booked in with them on the 27 April cant wait.

Do you have to use any connectors before you fit the filler pump on?

Mike

That's brilliant. Thanks for the pics.

I too am curious how the fill up works with an adapter. It looks really neat.

How much did it all cost including certifications etc.

There is a screw in adaptor that you put in by hand then the pump baynet connector just clips on takes 10 seconds.

£1150 all in.

Very happy with the job and no external sign of conversion

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links