Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I will keep it in a safe place done 60 miles on the way home and all is good.

Going down south in the morning so will be interested to see what I get out of the tank mileage wise.

All in all very happy and can recommend them.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a picture with the adaptor screwed in place.

Has a oring so only need to be hand tight.

Dont let a filling station see you using that because they are more than likely going to stop you using it.

Have a read of this page. The important word is "fixed" you might also find the this is an MOT fail

http://www.go-lpg.co.uk/Filler.html

Connectors are only allowed when traveling through Europe etc.

Mike

It's an interesting one.

We are part of Europe and many Europeans travel to this country and fill up with LPG. The station I filled up at today there was an issue with the pump so the came out and sorted it and even connected the hose for me nothing was said. I had a Jeep with the same setup and have never had an issue.

If it causes issues in the future I will have a filler put in the bumper but won't do so untill I have to.

As for the MOT my tester said if it has a certificate it's a pass

Typical that isn't it. Always some bureaucrat to tell us we can't do something! If its so dangerous how come we would be allowed to use the adapter abroad?

Also that write up suggests they wouldn't certificate the kind of filler pictured above yet a certificate was issued.

Some unbiased clarification would be handy for us mere mortals :-)

I'm with you Booked.

I chose to have this filler and the fitter would fit either type and have a certificate at the end of the day the filling point is fixed. There is no mention in the reguletion about useing a country specific adaptor.

I didn't want a big hole cut in my car so chose this option. As said I have used this type on a jeep with no issues.

Alot of these things are recommendations by assiciations and not law. If its legal in Europe I would like to see it being challenged.

Typical that isn't it. Always some bureaucrat to tell us we can't do something! If its so dangerous how come we would be allowed to use the adapter abroad?

Also that write up suggests they wouldn't certificate the kind of filler pictured above yet a certificate was issued.

Some unbiased clarification would be handy for us mere mortals :-)

I'm with you Booked.

Don't shoot the messenger ABS66.

There are lots of laws in Europe that they all quite happily stick two fingers up to and different countries within Europe also have different filler interfaces but before you shoot me down in flames don't ask your mate in the pub but go to a Government MOT station (not your local garage) and ask them what is legal and what isn't.

You will eventually come up against someone who works on a filling station forecourt who does know what the law is and stop you.

Also one final thing we are the United Kingdom, Europe is on the other side of the channel..

Mike

Mike I wasn't having a pop at you, I was just musing that I finally saw an install I liked the look of and it seems that its not allowed!

Please accept my apologies if you thought my rant was directed at you as it wasn't.

I simply don't like the idea that foreign cars can use an adapter here and we can't. Also if it's ok for us to use an adapter abroad, what's the damn difference other than different standards which are then relaxed if we go to a different European country.

As for forecourt attendants, it must be that yet again we have different levels of training whether that training is correct is another matter.

Bookend doesn't seem to have had problems so maybe things are more relaxed as people get over their phobias of gas. I lead to believe from lots of non pub related reading that gas installs if done and maintained correctly are safer than the petrol bombs we currently lug around every trip.

Trust me I would never ask about Lpg in my local that would not achieve a single sensible or informed answer :-)

I simply don't like the idea that foreign cars can use an adapter here and we can't.

We have to pay Road Tax, visitors to this fair land don't.

Also if it's ok for us to use an adapter abroad, what's the damn difference other than different standards which are then relaxed if we go to a different European country.

That you would need to take up with Brussels where most of our stupid laws are made today. Remind me who it was that won the 2nd world war.

Your correct on forecourt attendance.

I think the problem will arise when you come to MOT and I am not sure just how much detail will be covered in the test. At worst you would just have to have the fill up point moved to the outside. You can get them color coded and they don't notice. Treat it as a badge of common sense and great wisdom.

Would also be nice to see some pics of the engine bay.

Mike

HELLO guys,Bookend : that is some conversion job you have,I have never seen an adaptor like that one before looks quite neat.on the question of E.U. adaptors the French one is quicker than the U.K. one and so is the one in Germany. to use. Both screw into our connector ,the German gun screws onto that, the French gun has a claw system, as you pull the lever backwards the claws open up and seal the system.The U.K. one is ok but sometimes the two lugs can be a bit awkward. Mine is a 97-400 and I can get 26 + out of her I think because you have the V.V.TI. engine you can get more M.P.G. out of yours but at 76.9 ppl I will stay with L.P.G.

• 3 weeks later...

I have collected the LS 430 from Leeds LPG.

Very neet instalation everything put where i asked for it fuel filler behind the petrol filler so no holes in the car.

Dirves no different so I am very happy.

Certificate for insurance and DVLA and 24 month warentee.

They do a free service and check up at 1000 miles.

Now i can Drive without worrying about the running costs :D .

Hi, ive just booked my LS400 in at leedslpg for next month, just wondering how your cars going 1 month on... any issues? what mpg reduction are you gettin on gas v's petrol?

thanks

Very happy done 1000 miles on gas with no issues the MPG is virtually the same but drops a couple of MPG around town but with the price of LPG the running costs are vastly reduced.

The only downside is the fill time at the pump compared to petrol.

Very happy done 1000 miles on gas with no issues the MPG is virtually the same but drops a couple of MPG around town but with the price of LPG the running costs are vastly reduced.

The only downside is the fill time at the pump compared to petrol.

How long is it taking you to fill the LPG from empty and what size of tank have you got?

Mike

I see they give 5% discount for converting 2 cars.

I live not far from Profess, but have in laws in Yorkshire, so often visit.

I'm in Yorks currently, so might give them a ring today as they are cheaper than Profess, and you all seem pleased with them.

Just rung them on 01132774329, got diverted to an O2 answering service, seems a bit odd, I'll try later.

Am I right in thinking the AC Stag at £1099 is the system to go for?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links