Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Mike its has done it since conversion. The installer has had a sniff tester all over it but didn't find anything, that I could see/hear ( I was watching).

Other people mentioned a gas smell too but I'm starting to wonder if it is my imagination!

The installer is going to replace all the spring clips the kit came with to jubilee clips that he said he prefers anyway.

So we will see or smell to be more accurate.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mike its has done it since conversion. The installer has had a sniff tester all over it but didn't find anything, that I could see/hear ( I was watching).

Other people mentioned a gas smell too but I'm starting to wonder if it is my imagination!

The installer is going to replace all the spring clips the kit came with to jubilee clips that he said he prefers anyway.

So we will see or smell to be more accurate.

You can become paranoid over these things, Paranoia, nasty smells, only comes out when its dark, I'm off to get some garlic and a wooden stake.

You can get a sulpherous (eggy) smell with unleaded petrol from the exhaust of other cars and as we start on petrol it might be that you are smelling.

Mike.

I have just come back from a round trip to Italy we drove through France, Germany, Austria into Italy then came back via Germany then Belgium got to say the british Gas connecter is by far the worse one to use after using the adapters for France and Germany we did 2900 miles and it never missed a bit lovely Steve.

Any of you guys keep an accurate log of you mpg? I use "FuelLog" on my android phone. so far over 20 fill ups ive averaved 21mpg on gas, on petrol i used to get about 22.5mpg, so I think thats good going bearing in mind lpg isnt as efficient as petrol.

• 1 month later...

Well after 6 months of running on LPG the conversion has paid for its self already. In 43 fill ups I have never been questioned about useing the adaptor when filling and the car went through its MOT this month with no issues. I never worry about jumping in the LS430 and doing long distance as I know it won't cost a fortune in fact I have done 360 mile round journey today in luxury.

If anyone is thinking should I convert or not I would say do it.

Steve

Well after 6 months of running on LPG the conversion has paid for its self already. In 43 fill ups I have never been questioned about useing the adaptor when filling and the car went through its MOT this month with no issues. I never worry about jumping in the LS430 and doing long distance as I know it won't cost a fortune in fact I have done 360 mile round journey today in luxury.

If anyone is thinking should I convert or not I would say do it.

Steve

Well done glad to hear its going so well. Enjoy. Mike

good stuff, im not far away from the break even point either.

on another note LeedsLPG will NOT fit the filler point behind the fuel flap any more, they say the regulations have changed. I had an Audi 3.0 v6 converted there 2 weeks ago, and they wouldnt even entertain the idea, I begged, pleaded and offered more money/to sign a waiver... but its a no go!

Ive never had a real issue with the adapter, other than for some reason one pump just wouldnt release the excess gas!

oh..... Filled up the otherday 63.9 :)

good stuff, im not far away from the break even point either.

on another note LeedsLPG will NOT fit the filler point behind the fuel flap any more, they say the regulations have changed. I had an Audi 3.0 v6 converted there 2 weeks ago, and they wouldnt even entertain the idea, I begged, pleaded and offered more money/to sign a waiver... but its a no go!

Ive never had a real issue with the adapter, other than for some reason one pump just wouldnt release the excess gas!

oh..... Filled up the otherday 63.9 :)

Where are you based?

Mike

im near pontefract west yorkshire. the 63.9 fill-up was at a calor gas retailer in Carlton, south yorkshire

I will have to see if its anywhere near where I am going to be next weekend as I am coming up to Arkengarthdale for a wedding. Keep your eyes open for a Green LS MK4 and flash your lights should you see me.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Morrisons LPG.......... I've got to say is dire! I always brim the lpg tank when filling, gives a good indication of the correct mpg, my last tank was filled up at BP and I have to admit that I gave the car HELL for pretty much the whole tank and got back a decent 20mpg

The current tank I filled up at morrisons and ive been driving steady, but so far by my trip computer calculations im going to be about 20-30 miles worse off over the whole tank, how can that be other than low quality gas?

Its not the first time ive noticed it with morrisons LPG, I only filled up again as I was passing one of their stations and it was convenient, never again....

Had LPG conversion done fairly recently and had the filler placed midway between bumper and top of rear panel and about a foot back from the petrol filler. It's colour-matched (dark Chichester Blue) so doesn't show very much. It's sealed behind with silicon so rust in the panel should not present a problem. I'm well pleased with the conversion, the car runs great-- still loads of poke, can't tell the difference between petrol or gas and mpg is virtually the same. Can't fault it. The latest kits are really the business.

hi brian im local to you aswell - must admit never seen you around (im near the town centre)

Mine is also blue with grey leather - always fancied an LPG converted one but dont do the mileage to warrent having a conversion done

Maybe will see you around one day