Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx350 I-Pod Lead, Chrome Bar And Side Bars.

I've just acquired a 2007 RX350 SE-L and I am wanting to fit an I-pod lead to the stereo, has anyone done this before ? wanted to check before striping it down to find it can't be done and I know all models are different. It has the Mark Levinson unit fitted but presume its the same as a standard one ?

Also I was looking at having some chrome side bars and nudge bar fitted. If anyone has some pointers for these as well. I have seen some on e-bay and other UK companies but if anyone has fitted these aftermarket ones and can advise.

TIA David.

Grom is the correct way to go, I got mine on eBay from America a few years ago and it just about does everything you require using the steering wheel control. In regards to side bars, I have just fitted a pair myself last week which I sourced from www.bullbars.nl from Holland. They are a little bit more expensive than the UK supplied ones on eBay, but they are a thicker diameter which works well in proportion to the size of the RX. And the guy Paul, speak and writes very good English and gave me instructions and photos on the install. I have supplied photos to him of the install and the brackets underneath for his website, but I have just checked and he has nor loaded them up yet. I will be happy to send you the photos, cost etc if you send me your email address. Not sure what your reason is for wanting to install side bars, my reason was not for looks but for protection in car parks from the sods who swing their doors open and ding other peoples cars !! Hope this helps.

The grom is the best of the basic controllers . If you want better integration with the touch screen you could look at the dice unit. There is also another range by vaistech. Personally would go with the dice as it has the best balance if you want full remote control. Several uk dealers stock it and m do a sale or return. Do make sure the model you buy supports and charges the iPods you want to use.

Fitment is relatively easy once you realise there are two hidden bolts. Ther is a pictorial guide either here or on the us forum on how to do it. If you use some double sided tape on the socket it reduces your chances of losing the bolts.

Takes maybe an hour first time 20 mins second time.

You will have to check carefully but I beleive nudge bars (bull bars) are now illegal (unless they comply with pedestrian impact specs, which none of them will!). Side/skid bars are fine providing they do not exceed the vehicles side profile and are liable to cause injury by side swiping/clipping pedestrians, most have angled ends nowadays which gets around this problem.

I thought so. they are illegal unless they are a FPS (front protection system) device, which is basically formed plastic/PU.

"From 25th May 2007 for motor vehicles categorised as M1 (a passenger carrying vehicle not exceeding 3.5 tonnes and not more than 8 passengers) or N1 (a goods vehicle not exceeding 3.5 tonnes) it will only be legal to manufacturer and sell bull bars that comply with EU Directive 2005/66/EC.

It will be illegal to manufacture and sell bull bars that do not conform to this legislation punishable by a maximum penalty, to be imposed within the UK, of 12 months imprisonment and/or a fine of £20,000."

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links