Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Hard Can It Be To Find A Performance Exhauts !

Hello

I've got some free pennies to spend buying a cat back system for my Lexus IS200 Sport.

I've tried calling Cobra and Camskill for te blueflame, but apparently theie exhaust do not tailor for the sport model ( rear bumper trim and suspension differences i am being told).

I found a Scorpion system on eBay,. but they also advised does not tailor to the sport model !

I'm giving Japspeed a call today (although that bung in the rear tailpipe looks ugly!)

HKS is an option, but they only list the IS250 model.

I've checked preivous posts for exhauts but am not having a lot of luck.

Does anyone know of which model/make of exhaust i cna purchase which produces a nice deep sound and yet fits a sport model IS200?

Any links would be appreicated

rgds

Hilts

These guys seem to list a few

Maybe worth having a word with one of the guys (Tim or Tony) at Fensport contact details here as they are the main Blitz peeps in the UK and will probably be able to give you details on others too

Guessing Prolex will do something as well - maybe worth an email rather than having to trapse through the slightly confusing shop

:D

If you just want to change the sound; cat-back will make very little difference. The final silencer does most of the shaping of the exhaust note. If you have welding skills you could modify a used one to remove some absorption-material/enlarge baffle holes/partially bypass etc.

6-cylinder engines with their more frequent, almost overlapping firing impulses are more difficult to make sound deep & throaty than 4-cylinder engines. They are inherently quieter.

If you want to do more; a "high-performance" exhaust system will not improve performance in ANY way. You have to think about superchargers for that.

Hi have you tried Deeside Service Centre (01244 535 534),based near Chester,they make bespoke exhausts and have made about 6/7 for me over the years for customers,They range from £250 -£1000 depending on what you want.

They will need to see your car but it is worth it,they are stainless exhaust systems and carry a lifetime garuntee,and you can have it as quiet or as loud as you like and have options on your rear exit tailpipe,so its exactly like you wanted.

Thanks guys

I have the car booked into a place in St Albans that make powerflow custom exhauts ( my dad had one made for his RS500 Cossie), they've quoptes me £250 all in, and said it was start from the cat itself, however, they also mentioned there are 2 cats on the IS200, not sure were abouts, but was thinking of removing one of them ( does this affect the MOT at all?)

One other question gents. if i remove one of the cats, what happens to the sensor? and will i recieve an engine warning light?

There is a pre-cat that aids emmisions during warm up (in the manifold??) which can be removed with no problems (involves cutting the part open, removing the cat material and welding up again). The main cat would need to stay to avoid any emission issues or fiddling/bypassing sensors.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links