Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Who Needs Help With Lexus Issues (Ex Lexus Employee Ready To Help)

pedropunto123

Hi new people,i have joined to try and help you with your Lexus problems,i know there are people here already but another one cant hurt can it.

I have been working at Lexus for many years and have many inside tips tricks and info if you get stuck.

thanks

I can only give you the knowledge of my wisdom and many years of training from Lexus GB.Anything else that i dont know i can find out thats for sure.

(inside info is always good) :)

I can only give you the knowledge of my wisdom and many years of training from Lexus GB.Anything else that i dont know i can find out thats for sure.

hi i have recently purchased a lexus is200 sport with the aero alloys 225/40/18, the car needs 2 new rear tyres, what tyres would you recomend? also what should the tyre pressure be set at? thanks matt

Hi Matt,i have always found the bridgestones to be the best on the IS200 Sport,they wear a little faster but give immense grip and great confidence in the wet,and Dunlops as a second choice.The rear tyre's should be at 34 psi for that size buddy.

Greetings, I am a new member of this forum myself having just purchased a 2002 is300 SportCross on which I wish to install front and rear parking sensors. The front ideally should be disabled above say 6mph and Steelmate do a device that can use analogue pulses to create this effect. However not sure where I can pick up the pulses from. Looking through the manual the only place referenced was plug/socket A pin 13 on the dash display. There must surely be another location under the dash, because speed sensitive signals are used on my Soarer GT Limited to lock the doors above a certain speed and it is probably a standard affair over many models. I am going to use a NAV-Tool device to add a reversing camera to the satnav as well some parking sensors on the rear.

Anyone know where I can pick up the pulses?

Many thanks

David

hi.

wonder if you can help please. i have a 1996 lexus gs300 sport mk1 and i have a central locking fault.during december 2010 when we had all the snow and cold weather my r/h front door barrel kept freezing up so i used hot water to free off so i can get in the car.what happened next was when you unlocked the car it unlock all the doors but when you lock the car it will only lock the r/h front door and after a day or so the Battery will go flat.you have to lock rest of doors manually when you unlock again all doors will unlock properly.when you leace car running it will automaticaly lock the doors with the key in side this has never happened before the central locking problem.i have called out the RAC they have taken out the central locking fuse.at the moment the central locking has been bypassed by the fuse out.the car is all ok running and no problem with Battery going flat.i have had this fault since december 2010.have you any idea what the problem can be so i can get this fixed.i am disabled and can no longer work so have to save up to buys parts needed.

many thanks kev.

• 2 months later...

Hi Peter, well I've only been a member for 24 hrs and I came accross your kind offer of help and advice, how lucky am I !!

now I do have a few questions but will save all but 1 for another day, don't want to burn you out too quickly !ha

I bought my 53 plate is200 sportcross 3 years ago and have enjoyed it immensly ever since, i bought it from a garage forecourt with only 1 key but the garage owner promised to get a spare key cut for me and 2 weeks later it arrived in the post ( I was surprised by the salesmans honesty too) !!

the key will physically unlock the door and turn in the ignition barrel but needs to be programmed before it will start the car or open the doors remotely. I've looked on line and have read about the 'pedal dance' where you press the A B & C pedals in a certain order and use the already programmed origional key to program the new key.

Do you know any further details about this Peter or where I can find out where to do it on line ???

Thanks in advance.

Heath

Hi Peter, well I've only been a member for 24 hrs and I came accross your kind offer of help and advice, how lucky am I !!

Heath

Don't get too excited Heath........he hasn't been onsite for over 2 months since his last post....6 in all!

Cheers Dave1 , yeh, just noticed the 2 month gap ! oh well its early days for me. sure I'll find the answers to my questions somwhere on this cool site. (just gottta get use to navigating around it first). thanks

I would try asking your Lexus dealer.....they are really helpful with advise if Lexus Coventry are anything to go by.

Welcome to LOC by the way.

Google "lexus is200 key programming" and have a look through. There seems to be 2 or 3 different methods so it will be a trial and error approach I think.

Also welcome to the LOC.

Hi and welcome. I am sure there will be lots of people wanting your advice and I am one of them. If you get the time to look at my query under the RX400h forum (it's about corroded alloys) and then just tell me if I am being unreasonable and wasting my time?

Many thanks

Hi, i need help & have no idea how to use this Forum.

I recently just had my Lexus serviced (basic service). I have owned it for a year with no problems. I went to turn it on the other morning & it did not want to start, the Battery was working fine as the engine was kicking over but would start gurgling & then stall, but it had not fulling turned over, if that makes sense??. I tried for the 3rd time & pupmped the throtal, this solved the problem, it happened again yesterday, i tried once with no throtal, second time throtal and started all ok. i have had suggested to me that it is the Air Flow Meter possibly covered in greese. Please HELP! Thank you.

Hi,

Just after a bit of advice, I recently purchased a 2007 250SEL from a dealership and realised it is suffering from the gentle pulling / drifting to the left whilst driving. The dealership has already test drove the vehicle and subsequently supplied me foc with 2 new front Bridgestones, adjusted the ride height, replaced the front shocks and springs and carried out the wheel alignment. Despite all of this I am still suffering from the problem, I’m about to contact the dealer again to say I’m not convinced the problem has been resolved. The dealership have been very helpful, but I feel as if they are not too sure about what else they can do for me. Do you have any thoughts on what else they can try ?

Thanks

Hi, i need help & have no idea how to use this Forum.

I recently just had my Lexus serviced (basic service). I have owned it for a year with no problems. I went to turn it on the other morning & it did not want to start, the battery was working fine as the engine was kicking over but would start gurgling & then stall, but it had not fulling turned over, if that makes sense??. I tried for the 3rd time & pupmped the throtal, this solved the problem, it happened again yesterday, i tried once with no throtal, second time throtal and started all ok. i have had suggested to me that it is the Air Flow Meter possibly covered in greese. Please HELP! Thank you.

Firstly welcome to the LOC.

If all was fine before the service I would be considering taking it back to the dealer who carried it out and asking them to sort the problem.

Hi,

Just after a bit of advice, I recently purchased a 2007 250SEL from a dealership and realised it is suffering from the gentle pulling / drifting to the left whilst driving. The dealership has already test drove the vehicle and subsequently supplied me foc with 2 new front Bridgestones, adjusted the ride height, replaced the front shocks and springs and carried out the wheel alignment. Despite all of this I am still suffering from the problem, I’m about to contact the dealer again to say I’m not convinced the problem has been resolved. The dealership have been very helpful, but I feel as if they are not too sure about what else they can do for me. Do you have any thoughts on what else they can try ?

Thanks

Difficult one to make a comment on because as you say the dealer has made an effort to sort the problem but if it still isn't right there has to be a yet undiagnosed reason.

If there is play in the top or bottom balljoints or arms or track rod ends this could have an effect but you would assume these items were checked during the previous repairs.

Was a full 4 wheel alignment done or did they just track the front wheels?

If the dealer has a similar model in stock you could always request a test drive to see if this is the same or again ask them to drive yours to feel the fault themselves.

I assume the car has never been involved in an accident and consequently repaired?

Hi i recently bought a altezza rs200, the tiptronic doesnt engage, it just flashes M and RANGE on the dash. but sometimes it does work. and also when kicking down it doesnt rev to reline before changing gears. what could be the problem?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links