Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rising Cost Of Lpg What Are You Paying?

I live 5 miles south of Reading and my local LPG station BP at Three Mile Cross Reading are charging 84.9 what aree you being charged and where?

Petrol over the same period by 6p LPG has gone up 11p Yet another rip off.

They run a reward scheme where you get a card which is stamped each time and you get 1p off per litre going up to 10p when you go back to 1p and start all over again.

Mike

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are 2 stations listed near me although I think there are more. The bp one charges 84.9 and the morrisons a few miles away charges 67.9.

Quite a difference in just 5 miles.

I'm not 100% sure on this one, but has anybody else noticed an increase in installation prices?

I looked at Profess in Cardiff and Mint in Newport a few weeks back, via links on here, then looked again yesterday and I THINK they are both higher.

Maybe expecting a rush with current and predicted petrol prices.

Profess used to charge £1440 when they converted my LS 400 in May 2010 and they then dropped the price down to what it is today around Oct 2010.

So far prices that are coming in for LPG clearly show what we new anyway that we are being ripped off yet again.

If Morrisons can charge 67p then so can all the rest and they cant use the excuse that we use it as a loss leader to get people to come to Morrisons as they wouldnt make much money out of just LPG users alone.

Mike

I pay 68.7 per ltr at the local ASDA it is not the oil companies at fault ,it is the garage that is pushing up the price.Last night I went down to my local shell,and they had put the price up by 8ppl, so I drove away I will fill up at ASDA, from now on.

Must be wrong about installation then.

I'm a member of a motorhoming forum, though I rarely go on there since switching from a coachbuilt to a campervan and caravan combo, and a lot of people on there use refillable bottles for their gas, 6Kg bottles exchanged with calor are ridiculously expensive comparted to filling your own at a garage.

Some on there used countrywide, whereby you get a key that you can use 24hrs a day, 7 days a week, and supposedly at good prices.

I've never used them, so I'm just passing on what I read, as opposed to recommending them, so please do your own checks.

I always found Morrisons cheapest when I ran a Primera on lpg, though Asda weren't bad either.

Just wondering, has anybody ever enquired about a group buy discount at an installers like Profess?

My plan was to run the car for a while until I'm sure I have a good 'un, then possibly convert to lpg.

Are there any others considering converting at the moment?

Just wondering, has anybody ever enquired about a group buy discount at an installers like Profess?

My plan was to run the car for a while until I'm sure I have a good 'un, then possibly convert to lpg.

Are there any others considering converting at the moment?

I would be very surprised if you manage to get any more off the price as they all have bills to pay families to keep and mortgages/rent to pay.

Mike

I'm paying 69.9 ppl at Morrisons in either Falkirk or Livingston. My local Shell garage, 2 minutes away from me, are charging 81.9 ppl. They don't see any business from me.

Tc

They (shell garage) have done it again their Lpg is up to 83.9 ppl that makes them 15.2 ppl dearer than asda or to put it another way 68.4 pence a gallon dearer, so you can guess which station I will be going to.

They (shell garage) have done it again their Lpg is up to 83.9 ppl that makes them 15.2 ppl dearer than asda or to put it another way 68.4 pence a gallon dearer, so you can guess which station I will be going to.

I'm gonna move up north I have some great friends up there and they are always laughing at what we have to pay down south in England.

Mike

I've just got off the phone to a very helpful lady at Countrywide lpg department.

Their current price is 70.8p a litre to account holders.

You get a keycard to operate the pump for which you pay £5 deposit, that being the only cost above the gas you use.

She said that they make every effort to absorb small increases and hold a steady price (she mentioned only 2 increases in the last year I think), but commented on the latest prices to them from the suppliers being significantly higher, she also mentioned Morrisons being below what they could manage at the moment, which I thought was refreshingly open and honest of her.

She also mentioned a price freeze possibility for 3 months on new accounts.

The downside is that, despite the name, they are not country wide yet, operating in the midlands, south west and Wales.(sorry bluesman!)

List of sites here

http://midlshir02.uu...mplete_list.htm

I'll certainly be getting an account when I convert, if only for the 24 hr facility, and they are in areas I tend to frequent.

There is a dearth of lpg stations in the East Midlands. My nearest independent recently ran out but I was pleasantly surprised when they refilled and kept the price at 79.9. The other nearest, 12 miles away, Shell Ollerton, have just increased theirs from 76.9 to 78.9. There is a very small garage in Ripley, Derbyshire that was charging 68.9 and I fill up there whenever I venture south. Sadly, no lpg at my nearest Morrisons or Asda, was well chuffed when I filled up in Newcastle for 67.9p recently. Nick.

I think its about time that government set the price of comodities Petriol, LPG, Deisel, Motor Insurance, Electricity, Gas etc.

Its gone beyound a joke.

You have Morrisons selling 68p, ask my local BP garage why the are selling at 84p and they tell you that they are an independant garage who have to buy from BP (not very independant) and yet nicenic61 tells us that there is a very small garage in Ripley, Derbyshire that was charging 68.9 and I doubt they are giving the stuff away just to get you there.

We need a revolution. If its OK for the Middle East then it should be ok for us. Amazing though when we did have the peacefull Petrol embargo some years back because it was against our government all those who took part in the embargo were demonised calling them baby killers etc.

We are just mugs.

Enough!!! I have tired myself out, think I'll go and sit in Lexi and put some Blues on, always makes me better.

Mike

I stand corrected. Shell Ollerton have now gone up to 86.9. Gobsmacked, it was 76.9 a month ago, then 78.9 a few weeks ago. About time my local Morrisons installed LPG. Nick.

Oh my God.

Are you going to seek counselling?

Its worth joining The Fair fuel campaign which is run by Quentin Willson heres a link http://www.fairfueluk.com/

The more the merrier.

Mike

I stand corrected. Shell Ollerton have now gone up to 86.9. Gobsmacked, it was 76.9 a month ago, then 78.9 a few weeks ago. About time my local Morrisons installed LPG. Nick.

Oh my God.

Are you going to seek counselling?

Its worth joining The Fair fuel campaign which is run by Quentin Willson heres a link http://www.fairfueluk.com/

The more the merrier.

Mike

Way to go.

Thanks for the prices.

Mike

There was a time when cooking oil was around 50p/Ltr but when it was discovered this stuff could be used in some diesel engines the price suddenly and inexplicably shot up to the price of a litre of diesel and has tracked that price since.

Coincidence or what?

Apparently if you have LPG for home heating you can with the correct filling equipment fill your LPG car from the same tank, you are of cause obliged to inform HMRC of this facility and pay the required duty for road use LPG :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links