Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rising Cost Of Lpg What Are You Paying?

hi

this has been tried already by another member - if i remember correctly he enquired about 3 conversions all together but they said they couldnt do anything - the post is on here somewhere

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering, has anybody ever enquired about a group buy discount at an installers like Profess?

My plan was to run the car for a while until I'm sure I have a good 'un, then possibly convert to lpg.

Are there any others considering converting at the moment?

Mike - yes i'm in same boat as you , just bought an LS on understanding that i would convert it to run on gas to justify the running cost.

I would be interested in a 'group buy/discount' maybe Steve or Colin will comment as to whether we could try and set something up.

They are like every one else they need to earn a living and I would have thought that the LPG converters that have been mentioned and used by members of this forum succesfully have paired their prices to the bone already.

Mike

Just wondering, has anybody ever enquired about a group buy discount at an installers like Profess?

My plan was to run the car for a while until I'm sure I have a good 'un, then possibly convert to lpg.

Are there any others considering converting at the moment?

Mike - yes i'm in same boat as you , just bought an LS on understanding that i would convert it to run on gas to justify the running cost.

I would be interested in a 'group buy/discount' maybe Steve or Colin will comment as to whether we could try and set something up.

Hi Keith, I rang a few converters, but the best I could muster was a free tank of gas, which I got when I converted with mint lpg anyway.

Mint lpg is local to me, which is a good thing, as I've had to go back twice with minor teething problems.

Not a big problem, but would have been a real pain if I was miles away, and would certainly have negated any small discount I may have got by travelling to get converted.

Stay local would be my advice.

• 3 weeks later...

Today my wife paid 65p at Jewells, Mortimer Station Berkshire.

Not a petrol station but a Calour Gas supplier. Well that's the countryside for you.

I also paid 65p at Winterbourne Stoke, Stonehenge coming back from Somerset on Sunday.

Happy days Mike

59p for me at my regular, 75p at the other end of my weekly drive - robbing b*stards.

Just curious why there is such a huge variation across the country - if petrol was 25% variation there would be uproar

59p for me at my regular, 75p at the other end of my weekly drive - robbing b*stards.

Just curious why there is such a huge variation across the country - if petrol was 25% variation there would be uproar

Come on don't keep it to yourself.

I bet its a million miles from me. Still 65p from Jewells Mortimer Station Berkshire, and they serve you.

Mike

I bet its a million miles from me. Still 65p from Jewells Mortimer Station Berkshire, and they serve you.

Mike

Halifax - its a Fuel supplier (ACE) not a garage as such (does coal and bottled gas supplies)

And he does a Raffle every week where you can win £10 of fuel - ive won 3 times in 6 weeks (but it took me 2 years to win)

If you want to know more then I can tell you.

normal price is 63p (still cheapest in my area) but if you buy £100 in advance it drops to 59p - both me and the wife use it so £100 doesn't take long to use.

Mike

Halifax - its a Fuel supplier (ACE) not a garage as such (does coal and bottled gas supplies)

And he does a Raffle every week where you can win £10 of fuel - ive won 3 times in 6 weeks (but it took me 2 years to win)

If you want to know more then I can tell you.

normal price is 63p (still cheapest in my area) but if you buy £100 in advance it drops to 59p - both me and the wife use it so £100 doesn't take long to use.

Halifax what did I tell you. Sounds like a brilliant scheme I would certainly use it.

Just goes to show what a bloody rip off the fuel market is though.

P****d off and Fed up Mike.

Thanks for the info I will look them up next time I'm over that way.

Cheer up Mike you actually get served for 65p!!! Bonus.

Your right Peter my Dear old Dad would always say "Look after the pennies and the pounds would look after themselves"

Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links