Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2012 Isf Release Date?

example article- http://www.autospect...-features-specs

i have seen many articles about the lexus ISF 2012 version and it seems as though it has rceived a few changes over the 2011 model.

i rang a lexus branch and the person i spoke to said the ISF is not in production anymore?? is this true?? if not then when can an average joe like me buy a 2012 version ISF?

many thanks, please bear in mind that i have limited knowledge in this area but enough to know that the ISF is a tremendous car and i want one, but i want the right one.

ISF is Built To Order-----2012/11 specs hardly differ,see the USA Motor Trend Report for details.

Tel

thank you for the reply. didn't the 2012 version get new alloys and a second ride comfort improvement? according to most other 2012 reviews anyway.

built to order? wow i did not know that

edit- forgot to add that the lexus website has no option for the red interior so does that mean the 2012 version is not available to purchase yet? if it is available then how does one go about purchasing it?

The ISF has only ever been built to order. The UK version includes all the options that are extra-cost on USA cars - leaving only a choice of colours & two options: wheels & sunroof. I think if you order one through a Lexus Dealer it will be the latest Version.

However, some dealers have ISFs in showrooms on which they took a punt, and depending how long they have had them; are selling them at reduced prices with delivery mileage, ex-demonstration etc. - but are of various model years.

I have not tried the latest version with "softened" suspension, but the reports I have read suggest no difference on normal roads although improved on lumpy surfaces & on the track. I do not really notice harshness in the suspension on my MY2008 ISF except on really terrible, unmade roads. Later versions have also added improvements to instrument-cluster, control layout, Mutimedia, colour range & a Thorsen LSD as standard rather than the electronic LSD - small improvements, but really nothing that has made any essential difference.

Unless you really want the improvements - such as better SatNav & connectivity in the multi-media, it is worth considering the ISFs available from showrooms at a lower prices to avoid some of the absolutely massive depreciation on a freshly ordered, full-price car.

FJC,

You have clearly not seen the Motor Trend 0r You-Tube Road Fly Report on the 2011/12 Model as the significant spec. changes is why I waited for the up-grade before purchasing----the vehicle is now more Road-bias than previous yet has reduced the SEMA Track time by 3 secs.A host of changes to Brakes,Steering ,Ride/Handling,Trim,Options & Instruments

to name the major items!

Tel

FJC,

You have clearly not seen the Motor Trend 0r You-Tube Road Fly Report on the 2011/12 Model as the significant spec. changes is why I waited for the up-grade before purchasing----the vehicle is now more Road-bias than previous yet has reduced the SEMA Track time by 3 secs.A host of changes to Brakes,Steering ,Ride/Handling,Trim,Options & Instruments

to name the major items!

Tel

There are changes to everything you mention except options. The UK only has optional sunroof & a choice of 2 types of alloys. There are NO other UK options. There are NO extra instruments or toys - the original ones have been updated & better laid out. The changes to ride/handling/brakes are reported as at best minimal - most of the improved track times are attributed to the mechanical LSD which goes back several years. Improvements to SatNav/Multimedia are useful. And yes, the colour/trim range is a little wider with repeaters included in the door-mirrors, DLRs have appeared etc; but the technical specs are unchanged - power, speed, economy & acceleration times remain identical. I expect the ride is more comfortable on the latest version - but have no problem with it on the earlier versions.

The largest & most significant change has been in the price. I don't suggest the other changes are worthless - just maybe not really worth the extra cost to many people.

The above explains why I say that there are no ESSENTIAL differences between the latest iteration and even the original MY2008 spec. (also covers 2009 cars. There was no UK MY2009) which is why I suggest it is an idea to consider "new" MY2010 & M2011 cars of which some are still available at very heavily discounted prices plus you will not have to wait for them to be built......

It all comes down on how you use the car. These kind of cars are promoted using lap times and track times, hence why Lexus has focused most of the major updates to improve the car in these areas. However, if your car is 99.9% of the time on the public road, you are not going to benefit much from the changes. A 3 second gain on the track is huge, but will only translate to a small benefit during everyday use. The dashboard has been changed in the latest version, but some may argue is been made worse with that giant rev counter. Personally, for me the upgrades in the MM system were the most attractive (DAB, HDD and Bluetooth music), but would hardly justify spending several thousands of pounds.

As for the ride comfort, I too don't notice my 2008 IS-F being too uncomfortable (and a few people that have sat on it haven't complained either when I asked them). Maybe I live in an area where roads are generally smooth (wouldn't have thought so). Reviews of the newer IS-Fs say the ride comfort has improved very little as well, again questioning whether is its worth the extra money to buy a newer model. But at the end of course it is all down to personal opinons and circumstances.

I am surprised as The Lexus Enthusiast,Road Fly & Motor Trend, plus "my Lexus Technician" all comment on the improvements as significant & I have said that everyone that I have piloted have commented on the smoothness of the delivery.

However,Toe-out angles,Titanium-roll bars,different dampers & spring rates,new suspension bushes are not everybody's cup of tea but, IMHO, the softened MY 11car excels whereas the jiggly ride of the 2011(MY 10) car did not justify the small

increase in price for a 2011 MY.I had darker Trim inserts, DAB radio as STD,a new instrument pod , DRL's & new wheel choice, a new "black" to consider & ,along with those USA Reports & Forum Comments chose the later car----it was simply a no brainer!

Tel

I am surprised as The Lexus Enthusiast,Road Fly & Motor Trend, plus "my Lexus Technician" all comment on the improvements as significant & I have said that everyone that I have piloted have commented on the smoothness of the delivery.

However,Toe-out angles,Titanium-roll bars,different dampers & spring rates,new suspension bushes are not everybody's cup of tea but, IMHO, the softened MY 11car excels whereas the jiggly ride of the 2011(MY 10) car did not justify the small

increase in price for a 2011 MY.I had darker Trim inserts, DAB radio as STD,a new instrument pod , DRL's & new wheel choice, a new "black" to consider & along with those USA Reports & Forum Comments chose the later car----it was simply a no brainer!

Tel

It might have been less of a no brainer if you had found an earlier dealer-pre-registered/ex-demo/etc model with delivery mileage plus some of the improvements £30k cheaper though - and these exist.