Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Warning For Modded Owners In And Around Portsmouth

Got this off another site for all you Southerners.

"The police are pulling every modified car owner in Portsmouth and reporting modifications to insurance companies! If u have not declared mods insurance companies will declare your insurance null and void leaving those of u who havnt declared open to a driving with no insurance charge!!!! if you aint declared do so NOW.You have been warned"

Not sure what grounds they will have to stop you or if they are going to do it in other areas ...........

I don't understand this :duh:

How can the coppers make you declare your mods to insurance? If the car is road worthy, has a valid MOT certificate, TAX and is insured then why have the coppers got a problem with the mods on the car? :blink:

Can they do that :huh: Bit OTT in'it? There are 100's of drivers doing other thing's and they choose to do this... :angry:

Is there anyway I can stop paying my TAX's? :whistling:

its allright untill you get hit by someone who doesnt have insurance

if the insurance companys are voiding insurance for not declaring a mod

effectively this could be a good thing

avoidance of tax is easy dont pay it ? :winky:

but dont come running to me when they come after you :D

Good point Bazza :huh:

I saw the little ***** who hit my car still driving around wihout insurance. What are the :tsktsk: coppers doing about that? I guess he won't get stopped as he's only driving an old rusty Nova with no mods :angry:

Good point...but insurance will use any excuse to avoid paying...

personally I think insurance company should do that i.e. check up on their policy holder and not the :tsktsk: police!

what was you address again Bazza :whistling: :winky:

surely everyone here has declared their mods.....................havent they !!!! :whistling:

I'm sure all the LOC members have done this...have you Bazz :whistling: :winky: :D

yes !!!

thats why im left handed and walk with a limp :crybaby::crybaby:

Whats wrong with being left handed ?

surely everyone here has declared their mods.....................havent they !!!! :whistling:

I'm sure all the LOC members have done this...have you Bazz :whistling: :winky: :D

yes !!!

Probably something to do with losing an arm and a leg Chris :duh:

Does Mr or Mrs "I've got absolutely nothing better to be doing, like catching those naught criminals, or protecting people in their own homes so I'll stop innocent motorists who have taken some pride in their car and have added wheels that are 1" bigger than standard" Plod declare all those nee nars and aerials they have on their cars to their insurance company?

Also, if people are going to start getting done for talking on their mobiles, how about the boys (and girls) in blue? When they are screaming along with one hand on the wheel while holding their radio with the other, telling HQ that they're just stopping someone cos they have fluffy dice hanging from their mirror, is that not just as dangerous? What about people smoking fags while driving? All just as dangerous in my book!

yes !!!

Probably something to do with losing an arm and a leg Chris :duh:

sometimes you have to explain every thing :blink::blink::blink:

Good point...but insurance will use any excuse to avoid paying...

personally I think insurance company should do that i.e. check up on their policy holder and not the :tsktsk: police!

what was you address again Bazza :whistling: :winky:

The insurance companies ARE checking up on their policy holders...

I know this for a fact, because I do their inspections for them (Nation wide) :winky:

It started last month, with a couple of insurance companies. Now there all doing it. It saves them alot of money in the long run.

However, It's mainly for modified cars, and cars over 30 grand.......

Claire you been slapping the stickers on your rear again :winky:

I would have thought that the Fuzz are just trying it on... just so they can have a sneaky peek at something that they desire themselves!

-Lee

I hope to go to a local village show tomorrow near Bishops Waltham ( Hants) in which the local constab put in an appearance. I will try to find out re the mystique behind stopping modified cars. I was under the impression that their terms of reference was only to ascertain that a veh was covered by insurance that is third party upwards.

However in this changing climate I would not be surprised if the police acted outside their remit. There are a lot of senior officers around who lack street experience and some who have never visited a council estate before joining.

Hell......why get insurance anyway, when all they do is pop you a £250 fine and a few points.(which wont matter cos you dont buy insurance)

SOFT bloody law. :shutit:

Claire you been slapping the stickers on your rear again :winky:

I would have thought that the Fuzz are just trying it on... just so they can have a sneaky peek at something that they desire themselves!

-Lee

Ooops, been caught out again!

When my husband had his Prelude, he was driving near Heathrow and probably going a bit too fast when he spied a police car coming out of a junction. He slowed down but was pulled over and expected the worst. The copper said to him he thought he was going too fast but couldn't prove it, and would Simon mind showing him the engine. They then spent about 10 mins talking about how good the Prelude and Hondas in general were! I don't mind being pulled over if they want to see how good my car is :winky:

Just thought I'd put forward the other side...

I have a friend who's a copper, and believe me - he is just as frustrated as your average motorist about some of the tasks they get asked to do. One day he's trying to get a knife off a guy who's just beaten & stabbed his girlfriend, the next he's having to do routine stop & checks for small number plates on bikes. He'd rather be chasing 'real' crims, than stopping some biker for having a slightly smoked visor, or a plate that's 1cm smaller than standard! But he doesn't get a choice, and he says that they are repeatedly told from on high that it's all about "all round policing" and sending a message to the public.... sigh

He always says that a lot of policing is about discretion (so the 1" oversized alloys will probably go amiss). For instance, he pulled a guy the other day who undertook him at speed in an old Calibra. It was at night on a quiet dual carriageway & he was in an unmarked car. He was going to let the guy off after having a quiet word, but the lad got really lippy when confronted, saying "You can't touch me, you ain't got no camera" etc., to which the reply was "You're absolutely right. Now let's have a look at your tyres...". 2 bald tyres & 6 points later...

Anyway, not trying to stick up for the police or the motorist, just that there's two sides to the story.

Before becoming a chartered planner I spent 25 years in the police and I am suspicious of their ' modus operandi' nowadays as with many forces there appears to be a lack of professional etiquette. I will stick up for them when they play by all the rules which initially is to preserve law and order and protect the public.

I have (of late for no apparant reason) been pulled by the police for "routine checks" pretty much every week. I get a producer, get questioned, etc etc. My modifcations (down to the colour of my calipers) have all been declared, but they still treat me like a criminal. Have they nothing better do? It does frustrate me, especially when they are arrogant, unpolite and assume I'm uninsured and a typical "boy racer". Treat me the way they would like to be treated and I wouldn't mind........ but treat me like ***** and I'll file a complaint soon........

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links