Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

After 10 yrs of Lexus ownership, 6 of which were with my RX300 it's time to move on. After flirting with the usual Bimmers, Audis, Mercs I think I'm about to plumb for an Infiniti.

I just don't like the new shape RX so that discounted another Lexus.

So tomorrow I might just throw caution to the wind and go for an Infiniti EX 30D Premium. The only car I've come across more highly spaced than my RX.

Views??

I like those new Infiniti's am kinda eyeing the G37 in saloon but thats because Lexus for some reason did not introduce the IS350 to UK. oh why did you not bring this car to uk Lexus? :-( . Infinit's are nice cars and being a Nissan you can expect same bulletproof relaibity as Yoda. hope u enjoy! am eyeing that G37 in next five years when prices are reasonable for people like me to own :-)

The EX I'm looking at cost the same as I paid for my RX but is so highly spec''d nothing so far with such low mileage compares.

will say go for it! cus Nissan really put thier heart and soul into buliding the new Infinit's to challenge the Germans! and we all know what the Japs are capable of it thier put thier heart and soul into building a car :shifty: am guessing it will have more specs than a fighter jets cockpit! havent been in or driven one yet but I might think the drive and quality will be the same as Lexus if not bettter! ! oops did i just say that ...

The spec is out of this world. Looking at a GT Premium model. Taking missus to look at one then will make the final decision.

Hi Damer

I have to agree with you about the new RX - it just does not look right. Its just to awkward.

If you hold off there is a restyled model coming soon which looks fantastic - well from the front anyway. Lexus really needs to get the look of the RX right this time.

Hi Damer

I have to agree with you about the new RX - it just does not look right. Its just to awkward.

If you hold off there is a restyled model coming soon which looks fantastic - well from the front anyway. Lexus really needs to get the look of the RX right this time.

I regret to say that the views that I have seen of the 2013 car are even worse - the front/grill is simply dreadful. The Mark 2 remains the most elegant of the RXs and I will have to think what to do when the time to change happens.

The new versions also suffer from that scourge of modern cars, space saver spare wheel/tyre.

Many congratulations Damer! What interior/exterior colour combo did you go for? Get some pics up once the new car arrives :)

The EX is the VERY car I too am looking at. Thought about the FX for a while but it's a little too 'in your face'. Let me know how things go - particularly interested in the economy and how you find the boot (I found it perhaps a little too shallow when I test drove the EX).

Hi Normski. The car is Granite Exterior with light grey leather interior. I know what you mean about the boot, it is a smaller car than my current RX. However in the sole person in it 90% of the time, and it's not as if I go camping or anything. Hopefully pick it up Wednesday as I haven't seen actual car as its not at my local dealership.

Normski, I viewed actual car last night. Will hopefully collect on Friday. A few things did strike me when inspecting it last night. 1) it is a fair bit smaller than the Lexus. 2) No spare wheel at all. In the rear though where you might think go find a spare is a huge Bose amp thingy for the stereo!

Well got the EX. First thoughts:

Yes it is a fair bit smaller than the Lexus

It's much quicker, and smoother through the gears

Less space in the back and boot

So much more kit

Quality is great

Media pack etc I need to get my head round tomorrow. Then I'll post some piccies then it'll be so long.....

I'm with you on the look of the RX facelift that's coming. Looks like something out of Battlestar Galactica to me!

Still enjoying wafting about in the current 450h as it's only 2yrs old, hopefully Lexus will have a whole new model for consideration by the time this one's up for replacement.