Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Newbie

teejaybee

Greetings everyone, all things being equal I should be a Lexus owner next week!

I am trading in my beloved Mazda CX 7 for a RX400h SE 2007 model. I loved the Mazda but at 22 to the gallon and £435 RFL something had to be done. My plan is to but something more economical, that still has some 4x4 capability (basically snow/ice), good to drive and will still be worth more than a gallon of petrol in about 3 years time and sellable!

Please tell me I have found that vehicle in my Lexus?

I am buying from a main dealer because it comes with a full year warranty.

It's arriving at the dealership next week and my wife will then inspect it....Hyacinth Bucket taught her everything she knows I almost pity the salesman. I have a refundable holding deposit on it so really nothing to lose. I have driven the SE L version but I don't really need the extra bells and whistles or pay any more than I am.

Any tips to look out for next week, any advice greatly appreciated

Thanks

Had my rx400 se-l for 6 weeks , love the car - pure luxury. A few issues with mine :- sticking handbrake cable (£105 just for the cable ), paint blistering on the alloys £300 , rain sensors currently not working ( hopefully not the sensor (£231.86) . The garage had already put new discs and pads all round , new 12 volt Battery ( standard Battery very small so don't leave the lights on or leave it parked for more than 10 days without running the engine to charge the Battery ).Tyres are not cheap , been quoted £800 for the next 60000 mile service , lexus charge £100 - £120 per hour labour and parts very expensive . Also car is basically front wheel drive until traction is lost and only then is power ( rear electric motor only ) given to the rear wheels.MPG is lower in the cold weather as the engine runs more just to heat the cabin and warm the mechanics up to operating temp , expect only 25 - 28 mpg in winter and 30 -32 in summer.Having said all this i do not regret buying the car but justwish i had found out about these things first. Hope this helps and if you like the car then go spoil yourself - you only live once !!!!!!!

Thanks for the replies.

nib4722 - I'm not expecting brilliant mpg but certainly better than at present. Hopefully all the niggles you have experienced will be ironed out if they occur within the first year so the warranty will cover it. I know that Lexus seem to wear their tyres down unevenly so will be checking that out next week! I am a little concerned about the Battery life, we tend to go away for over 14 days so normally I would expect my car to start when I want it to, think I will quiz the dealer about this. The car is due a 50000 service and MOT before I buy it. I ,ay then be temped to go elsewhere for the next service as long as they use approved Lexus parts the book can be stamped accordingly.

My Mazda's alloys were blistering and even though they were just out of the 3 year warranty they changed all four so a very careful inspection on Friday is needed. I'm not going to pay full whack for iffy alloys so if there is some blistering I'll be looking for replacements or a decent discount otherwise no deal!

Will let you know what happens. By the way did you buy your Lexus from a main dealer?

Thanks for the replies.

nib4722 - I'm not expecting brilliant mpg but certainly better than at present. Hopefully all the niggles you have experienced will be ironed out if they occur within the first year so the warranty will cover it. I know that Lexus seem to wear their tyres down unevenly so will be checking that out next week! I am a little concerned about the battery life, we tend to go away for over 14 days so normally I would expect my car to start when I want it to, think I will quiz the dealer about this. The car is due a 50000 service and MOT before I buy it. I ,ay then be temped to go elsewhere for the next service as long as they use approved Lexus parts the book can be stamped accordingly.

My Mazda's alloys were blistering and even though they were just out of the 3 year warranty they changed all four so a very careful inspection on Friday is needed. I'm not going to pay full whack for iffy alloys so if there is some blistering I'll be looking for replacements or a decent discount otherwise no deal!

Will let you know what happens. By the way did you buy your Lexus from a main dealer?

hi, no i bought it from a well known car supermarket - never again !!!!!!!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links