Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brake Pedal Realeased, Then Bleeping Heard?

Tricky micky

Hi, got a weird one has usuall lol i press my brakes and thats fine but when i realease the brake pedal i get 16 bleeps coming from the boot and this happens everytime i realease the brake pedal, its really doing my head in!!!!!

Anywsy i traced the bleeping to the boot on the driver side behind the carpet next to the petrol filler where i found what looks like a siren and this is where the bleepin is coming from.

Iv uplugged the siren at the moment which has stopped the blerping but not really solved my problem, just need to no why its bleeping and what the siren is for????

Any help would be great, thanks in advance to any answers : )

Hi,

Are you sure you have your description correct?

The fuel filler is on the passenge side not drivers side (unless you are LHD i suppose)

From memory, I think the alarm siren is located on the Offside (Drivers for RHD) it is tucked up in the C pillar. The Nearside (Passenger) C pillar contains the remote central locking sensor and fuel filler. I think a bulb failure sensor is there too.

Do you have any extras such as Sat nav or carphone.

Have you got any aftermarket equipment such as an auxilliary module for towing? they have a 'reminder' buzzer.

I have no idea as to why the car beeps as you release the brake but identifying this siren should narrow things down a little. Have you looked through the online workshop manual?

Hope this helps a little

Sean

Yea sorry, dont no what made me say by the petrol filler lol its definetly in the boot on the drivers side and only bleeps 16 times evertime i realease the foot brake, nothing aftermarket at all in my car. Strange eh?

I seem to recall something about there being a backup siren in the boot that has its own Battery (the alarm system uses that and the two horns in the engine bay). The bleeping is to indicate the Battery needs replacing - a bit like a smoke alarm beeps when the Battery needs replacing.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links