Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300 Slow?

The problem with all of the above is it relies on a complete numpty racing you. If an M5 was indeed racing you, no douche bag is gonna stay in a gear that is p1ss poor, they would drop a couple of cogs and the IS300 is way back in the rear view mirror. It doesn't matter how you cut the numbers, if the race is actually a "proper" race, it is game over for the IS300 against an M5 at any speed.

for definate IS300 will loose at some point more over to be honest to IS300 it was designed to challenge BMW 330i Audi A4 3.0 quattro and C Class 320 so it has no business to race an M5. It was definately a big fish which i will leave for a Supra Turbo, ISF and LFA to fry for breakfast all i wanted to bring to attention was the fact that the IS300 on its release and other reviews i read was painted as a slow automatic car which its definately not but definately not a super car territory without boost(Turbo) on its sides...

• 4 weeks later...

My God spent 20minutes reading this topic... I was amused to say the least!!

I never driven an IS200 ...

But having owned and driven the following:

Ford Cougar V6

Supra 3.0 N/A

MR2 N/A

And now the IS300

Ford Cougar -- A nice GT cruiser, I would not call it fast as it only had 170 however nice torque as it was a V engine.

Supra N/A was Auto and that was a really bad point since it had a really old design auto and the engine did not have the VVTi.

MR2 2.0 N/A was FAST small light car and 190bhp well it is fun!!! although did not like the corners.

Now the IS300 I would call it rapid, nice responsive engine and nice gearbox maybe nicer box than the 200, but not mind blowing engine performance.

For certainly it cannot keep up with my CL500 which is N/A as well. But the IS has a responsive throttle. However a Straight engine cannot match the torque figures and the pull that a V engine has.

Plus I have noticed from experience a V engine likes less petrol than a Straight engine likes ... and that goes the same when it comes to I6 engines from BMW or Toyota or anyother manufacturer they are just juicy.

There is nothing wrong by liking your car at the end of the day there is a reason you bought it for.

But no need to keep challenging every poor person in the road lol "joking"

I agree KentIS300 for what it is, IS300 is quiet rapid mainly 3rd, 4th gear. I also came from 99 V6 Cougar my self not that rapid but can surprise a few idiots on the road. I am not going round challenging every poor person on the road but sometimes it has to be done as you get some drivers trying it on by either cutting you or just driving 5 centimetres from your rear bumber and i guess they base this on the car being an IS200 until you take off and see them try to keep up in vain. then slow for them to catch up and they do a double take on the rear badge and see IS300 then they keep the distance. M5 , CL500, GS430 will have the upper hand and am not disputing that fact but they will certainly not disapper from view.

sorry to put a downer on, but an m5 would ***** all over an is300 if it wanted to, most of the reason u are beating better cars is because people can afford these cars...doesn't mean they are capable to driving them well.

Its also going to depend on the abilities of the driver you are (potentially) racing, or their own perceived abilities. My mate has a 911 and claims he races everywhere, on the few times I've been in the car with him, he drives rapid, but not as fast as I do, he also admitted he does not put his foot to the floor, whereas I do on a daily basis, heck, in both my cars I see the red line on a daily basis, its there for a reason.

Had a mate in NZ with a Toyota Altezza Gita (IS300 sportcross), drove it once, it was quick, but not 911 beating, wasn't as quick as my Skyline GTS-T, Nissan Cedric Cima and maybe only just as quick as my 2.5L Mitsi Diamante. Heck, my work jeep in NZ was a 1.6 Vitara, lifted and offroad tires, yet I used to go through the twisties faster than drivers of Holden Commodore V8s, simple reason? I was prepared to use 100% of my cars performance, but they only used, and probably only had the capabilities to use 30% of theirs.

I raced a Gallardo a few weeks, but I had no delusions that my car was in the same league as him, he was clearly playing with me, and I'm sure he enjoyed it too, even though he could have left me for dead, but then he probably likes his licence too.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links