Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this yesterday in Cheltenham. It was the F-Sport, black with Garnet Red Leather.

Brilliant, it had the 12.3" screen and ML Audio. I sat in the drivers, I'm 6'5", the passenger, Lexus sales person Dave, was 6'3", behind him was another guy, 6'2" and his wife sat behind myself. We all had plenty of space. When i sat in the rear, i had plenty of head room. Although, if a 3rd person was to sit in the centre, their rear would have to be less than 30cm, so fine for a child, or posh spice.

The dash layout is excellent and the mode changes to sport with the dials changing to rev and glowing red, very nice.

I boot is very large, but not having seen the old GS, I can't comment, but Dave did say that they no longer have to be worried about the boot size putting buyers off.

The styling is fantatic, just my cup of tea, very IS, but a little sharper.m the od feature is that the F-Sport has no front fogs!

If you have a chance, go and see one, you won't be disappoint, and it if have £53k to spend, I don't think you could buy a better equipped car.

In a few years time, mine will be the 450h, but I'm not sure if it would be the premium or the F-Sport. I have some time to ponder on that.

Chris

I saw this yesterday in Cheltenham. It was the F-Sport, black with Garnet Red Leather.

Brilliant, it had the 12.3" screen and ML Audio. I sat in the drivers, I'm 6'5", the passenger, Lexus sales person Dave, was 6'3", behind him was another guy, 6'2" and his wife sat behind myself. We all had plenty of space. When i sat in the rear, i had plenty of head room. Although, if a 3rd person was to sit in the centre, their rear would have to be less than 30cm, so fine for a child, or posh spice.

The dash layout is excellent and the mode changes to sport with the dials changing to rev and glowing red, very nice.

I boot is very large, but not having seen the old GS, I can't comment, but Dave did say that they no longer have to be worried about the boot size putting buyers off.

The styling is fantatic, just my cup of tea, very IS, but a little sharper.m the od feature is that the F-Sport has no front fogs!

If you have a chance, go and see one, you won't be disappoint, and it if have £53k to spend, I don't think you could buy a better equipped car.

In a few years time, mine will be the 450h, but I'm not sure if it would be the premium or the F-Sport. I have some time to ponder on that.

Chris

Was the hifi working OK in the car in Cheltenham???

The same car was in Swindon on Monday night and the muppet salesman that was "demoing the wonderful Mark Levinson hifi" decided to crank it up to 55+ on the volume (may have been on MAX, I can't remember exactly) and play Fireflies (Owl City) on the demo disk. 10 seconds into it there was a "pop" and then silence... followed by some turning off/on and a 'technician' poking around. I left shortly afterwards after commenting that its visit to Bristol on Tuesday night was going to be a quiet one!

As a current GS450h owner I was very surprised at the size of boot on the new one - at least twice the size of the current boot by the looks of it! No idea where the batteries and the hybrid system have gone though.

The only thing I wasn't hugely keen on was the F Sport front end - very "Veilside". I think the Premier is better styled, and as your said, includes fog lights! With ACC/PCS+LKA only available on the Premier it's a no brainer.

The current F Sport demo car appears to also have HUD, but I can't see any mention of that on the spec sheets and whether it's standard or optional on the F Sport and/or Premier. Anyone know?

The sound system was working fine, but we didn't have it too loud.

I liked the Garnet Red interior and the Aluminium facia, but I would prefer the standard front, with the fogs. Plus there are other options available on the Premier. So, without a doubt, I'll end up looking for a Premier in a few years, with all the extras on. I was impressed with the 12.3" widescreen, but I thought they said, there was a tactile feedback on the control interface, if there was, I couldn't feel it.

I also noticed the HUD and also haven't seen that on the spec. But from the number plate hidden in the rear, it looks like it came from Belgium, so perhaps they have that added to their spec.

I hope they produce a more comprehensive brochure for the GS, to give all the specs across the range.

If you go to the main Lexus web page you can download the full spec for all the new models, as for the HUD I don’t think it is available in this country, as you have said there is no mention of it as a option, in the US they have other options, like heated steering wheel. I will ask on Thursday when I go to my local dealership for the GS presentation, as I have ordered one I would also like to no.