Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre Recommendations

HI All,

A little late since the last post, I have a Rx400h 2008 and about to change the front 2 tyres on mine, the recommendations on this post are excellent thanks.

I am looking into one of these 3 tyres, any advice would be great:-

Michelin Latitude Tour HP - £140
Hankook ventus st rh06 - £115
Kumho Road Venture APT KL51 - under £100.
The Michelin Latitude have good reviews, but are quite a bit more expensive, i might pop in to costco and see how much they do 2 for?
The reviews on the Hankook and Kumho are also very good.
Thanks
Ayaz

I am puzzled re. tyre speed rating as the top speed capability of the RX 350 is limited to 112mph. The 'H 'speed rating means the tyre is safe up to 130mph (exceeds the RX350 limited top speed by 18mph). It seems excessive to demand V (149mph) rated tyres to be fitted. Or is there something I am missing here?

Of course, if caught driving at 112mph, the whole argument would be rendered academic as one would not be driving for a very long time!

The compound on a V tyre is different to a H tyre. V tyres are able to dissipate heat more readily which ensures greater stability at speed.

For example, if you drive a car with H tyres at 80mph and the same car with V tyres you'll notice a slight difference in steering and change of direction

Looking forward to seeing how my Michelin's manage in the snow (M&S).

Very pleased with them so far, including in the heavy rain...

Hankook Ventus ST on my '06 RX350 for last two years [18000miles] and liked them the moment they were fitted. They are quiet and now showing minimal wear.

Remember reading tests had shown them to be better than average in the wet and slightly less good on snow.

I would have to be seriously convinced of superior performance of some sort to pay any more for future tyres given that I am always prepared to pay whatever is necessary for good tyres.

Bought a fifth tyre off eBay from Germany very cheaply and it was delivered in a few days but must admit did not check the manufacturing date.

When offered cheap tyres it is always worth looking at the date which appears on the side wall in a four number framed date group, month/year or week/year.

The original fit tyres were changed because of hair line cracking on the tread blocks not lack of tread depth. From what I have read 5/6 years is the life of a tyre depending of course on various conditions.

• Like 1

Age is important. Hence my tyre change.

I'll pay what's necessary to ensure confidence ,in the only thing that sits between my car and the road!

Piers, I also have a good opinion of Michelin. Which tyre from their range did you go for?

I have the Latitude Tour HP's...

Been in some HEAVY rain these past few days, and they have felt very safe.

:)

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

HI digging up an old thread again but figured better than starting my own. 

I am looking for the Hankook Ventus ST but I am not being offered them by any of the tyre dealers online (blackcircles mainly).

Costco does have these for £105 which seems like a steal with their discount on too...

https://www.costco.co.uk/Tyres-Automotive/Tyres-Accessories/Tyres/Michelin-23555-R18-V-100-LATITUDE-SPORT-3-SUV/tire/p/45049

I’ve just put a set of Hankook optimas on my rx300 and they seem to be good , low road noise and comfortable ride , mines got air suspension so the tyres have softened the ride abit aswellas well

That's what I use Herbs.  The only problem with them is that tyre life is very short by comparison with most other premium makes.  Expect between 6 to 10K miles from ZX7s on the 450h (and I drive carefully!)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, GSLV6 said:

That's what I use Herbs.  The only problem with them is that tyre life is very short by comparison with most other premium makes.  Expect between 6 to 10K miles from ZX7s on the 450h (and I drive carefully!)

For the 450h I've gone to Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen 2 and they really are excellent - obviously not tried in snow yet but I'm confident :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links