Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Poor Mpg

Hello can anyone can help me !

I bought my Lexus 3 weeks ago and I have been driving only round city and max I can get from my is220 is 24 mpg. That is well low. I expect at least 35 mpg.

Hello greg, have a look at these threads "EGR DIY Cleaning" "Problems headed off at the pass" "More on EGR Cleaning" and many others, all of them linked to fuel economy problems with the IS220d. I'm sure that reading these will enlighten you somewhat. You will see from my threads that I have used an EGR Cleaner and some fuel additive from Bardahl and have obtained splendid results. Others have got good returns from other additives. I was very disappointed with the returns that I was getting originally but am now more than pleased. I am looking forward to my run from Devon to Lincolnshire in April to see what sort of MPG I will get on a long run. I am still impressed with what I am getting even on my local runs. Happy reading!

• 2 weeks later...

I have done everything I mean clean erg and i have used bg244 and I can't feel any different . I just done 1000 miles run to Europe and I thought will be great to check and I was sure I wil get at least 42 mpg but no I have try different speed and max my car show up was 37 mpg only motorway max I got from my full tank was 510 mpg. Can any one tell me wht is wrong ?. Or what Im doing wrong ? Also I noticed smell of diesel in cabin not strong every time I turn heater on Why is that ? Please help !!!!

hi

fuel smell - maybe you have diesel leak

poor mpg- maybe dpf is doing regeneration so often and that's why you have higher fuel consumption? Does it smoke white occasionally ? Did you notice lack of power?

cleaning injectors that could help as well.

greg,take it to the dealer as your car may need the engine rebuild,if you have full service history it will be foc.

prior to my engine being rebuilt my fuel economy tailed off rapidly.

Plus just today my light bulb gone and I had to change it. I took a cover of my air filter and OMG ! My lovely Dealer in Sidcup told me all service been done ! So why there is still an old air filter ? I b back next week in London Lexus sidcup Hire I come to take my money back ! Never ever use dealer in Sidcup. !!! So tell me guys how u can trust Lexus spending so much money ?

Plus just today my light bulb gone and I had to change it. I took a cover of my air filter and OMG ! My lovely Dealer in Sidcup told me all service been done ! So why there is still an old air filter ? I b back next week in London Lexus sidcup Hire I come to take my money back ! Never ever use dealer in Sidcup. !!! So tell me guys how u can trust Lexus spending so much money ?

It depends on what service you had. IIRC air filters are not normally changed on intermediate services so they may not have done anything wrong.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links