Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I am now coming to the end of my second set of tyres on GS300 SEL, which are currently Bridgestone Potenza aysemetrics. Been on two years, better that original yokohamas, which I found gave hard ride, noisy, and mediochre grip. Would happily put new Bridgstones on, which is a shame, as its only the inner power steering shoulders that have scrubbed off, still 4-5 mill of tread left. New bridgstones are £196 per corner. Anyone tried alternatives, ie Avon zz5 which are £157 or Pirreli Cintirato P7 at £163. Any other suggestions that owners are satisfied with.

Ta Very much

I know it's not directly comparable, but I put the Hankook S1 evo (not the new evo2) on the front of the Accord, replacing a very bald pair of (still working!) Toyo T1-Rs.

As well as having the rear Falken FK452s take plenty of stick at the driving end, I can honestly say I'm impressed and would happily slap them on all round.

All 3 models would be welcome on any end of the Honda, and when I eventually find my 300 SE-L, I imagine I'll continue to court these brands' offerings.

Maybe heading over to http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk will give you some food for thought on the ones we've both mentioned.

I had the same dilemma years back and spent far too much time online looking at tyre reviews done by organisations that knew what they were talking about rather than self opinionated prats lauding it over their latest self confirming penny pinching purchase.

I settled in Pirelli P7 and can honestly say I really noticed the reduction in road noise and better grip on corners. Indeed as a penny pinching self opininated prat, I'm about to replace a damaged one via Blackcircles for £130 inc fitting. That'll be my 6th over the years. If you're interested, contact me direct and I think I can get you a 'recommend a friend' discount.

FWIW I've steered clear of asymetrics since you can't rotate them to even out wear and if they're on the front and don't wear evenly, they're a bugger to get the tracking back on target.

I have found FK 452's very good on Series 1 GS 300 Sport and on my GS 430. When I needed a couple of new tyres for the GS 430 the 452's were not available at a reasonable price. I opted for Avon ZZ5's which have proved to be a very good tyre, certainly far superior to the ZZ3's (which I have never used myself but have driven cars fitted with them........they are more like cheap budget tyres)

Thianx v much for your input, what sort of mileage can I expect from p7's?

I was under the impression that they were a softer compound, not unlike dunlops, which offer excellent grip,, but dont last very long. I seem to get about 15-17k miles per set from bridgestones.

Hi, my 450h came with a set of P.Zero Pirreli which suffered really badly from tramlining when older, I called Pirreli and was told these tyres are not recommened for your car so switched it back onto Dunlop as supplied new, find these excellent, new onto front for 20K then run them off on the rears where they last another 25K, can't say how they compare for noise because I like the audio loud but they have never let go or caused my any moments.

I've just put a set of Dunlop SP Sport Maxx TT's on my GS450h, and they seem very good and were a pretty good price. Whilst I have no idea of how many miles I'll get from them, based on current experience I'd recommend them.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links