Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 200 Radio Unit Mk1 Wantes

Hello,

I'm looking for a second hand is 200 radio unit, mine is broken :-(

err3, the cd mechanism is gone.

I cannot put an aftermarket one coz' my cd sat nav doesn't work without the original unit. :duh:

help please!

Dario

How old is your car ?

I believe Lexus extended the warranty on the stereo to 4yrs...

May be able to get an exchange replacement from your dealer.

Mine has just gone funny since the hot weather, it skips on discs and displays err1 most of the time . :(

I checked and my car is less than 4 years old (just) and Im taking it to see Mr Lexus

so im hoping to have a new head unit soon or buy into getting an aftermarket one perhaps.

unfortunately my car is may 99, out of warranty.....I don't understand why it's impossible to upgrade with an aftermarket car stereo if you have the sat nav, I've bought the facia plate to fit my alpine minidisk and today I've discovered that this is impossible.

I got my replacement stereo this week on warranty. My car is on T (99) plate and the warranty has just run out. I ordered my replacment stereo nearly 2 months ago. I guess I was lucky it broke just before it ran out.

You could try phoning Lexus GB and making the point. You never know, they may still replace it, you have nothing to lose, it's worth a try mate :)

its not impossible to do

if you want to keep the sat nav and use an aftermarket head unit you can

but you still need the factory head unit attached to the sat nav to make it work

so you need I think 4 wires the power ones for the head unit and there's 2 signal wires that need to be connected to the lexus head unit too

you can route the sound from the sat nav to your new head unit aux input.

I have seen someone do this on the is300.net site he extended the wires and installed the lexus headunit in the boot out of sight.

a load of messing around but at least it is a solution

Got the dreaded err3 about 3 weeks ago. Booked the car into Lexus Birmingham (I have a 99 T Is200 SE) - originally the dealer said it would be covered under warranty, and then called back later to confirm I had missed the warranty deadline (4 years for stereo) by 2 weeks!!! I took this up with Lexus customer services, who eventually agreed to fund 50% of the repair cost which was about £400. I reluctantly agreed as they wouldn't budge and I had no other choice.

Got a call last week from Lex Brum (who have been very good about all this) saying that Lexus had agreed to fund 100% of repair cost....brilliant!! Have to wait a further 2 weeks for the unit though...doh!

Which may confirm the 5 year extension mentioned in an earlier post.

• 5 weeks later...