Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance

IS-PW

Hi phil,

Habe you ever tried Direct line? When i first got my motor I paid over £1000 plus £300 excess for an import 3 Ltr ES300

Year later called Direct Line and got it for £500 with £300 excess.. i am 30 with full no claims and 3 points.

Let me know if you have tried them.. if not give them a call and see what they can do it for and let us know

:)

Actually, thats pretty good, I'm 27, 3 years no claims, 3 points for an unspecified speeding offence, class 1 business use, fully comp ~£800 with Budget insurance.

I should have 4 years no claims, but Budget cocked things up royally for me the first year I had the car.

My company pays my insurance by direct debit, I insured the car, gave them the company account details and left it at that. I come to renew, and Budget tell me my policy wa cancelled 14 days after it began, without notifying me. Because the money had never been taken from the company account, it wasn't noticed by anyone so I had driven my £20,000+ car around uninsured for a year :o

Budget did say that it was a clerical error, and that in the event of a claim, they would have benn liable, but the only way to get my extra years no claims was to catch up the payments that had never been paid (over £1200) so I left it at that. Scary stuff though!

Hi

Steve, I went online for a quote last year with Direct line, but they weren't that competive for me. I usually go through the yellow pages, or online for quotes. Abbey National have been the cheapest for the last two years - maybe as i have my mortgage with them.

NotoriousREV - You were very lucky not to have a crash. I think i'll avoid Budget in future!

brn7y - I've never tried Bell direct - I will ring them in June when my renewal is due. Seems a good price.

Co-incidentally, I was paying a similar price (£450, protected ncb, low excess, with Admiral) 3 years ago, until I bought a brand new house, which insurance companies place a high risk on, due to the lack of claims experience. This should reduce after a few years, but this don't seem fair to me. The speeding didn't help either.

Phil:D

no mods, full no claims, 33 years old, no points but one minor accident, £250 excess, about £560 with Equity Red Star. (I'm in Reading which is supposed to be a high risk area.)

I'm gonna give Lexus a go next time to see if they're any cheaper plus I guess you aren't forced to use some cheap "approved" non-lexus repair centre.

Hi NotoriousREV-- not yet! Maybe in the next couple of years I might need to. Mind you I prefer to be paying what i'm paying and NOT what some of the younger mambers are having to fork out.

I take it there is no age discrimination on this web-site?:P

No age discrimination as long as you hand round the Werthers ;)

Actually just got some quotes for my March renewal. First quote was Churchill through LloydsTSB on-line banking £907. I thought, yeah as if I'm going to pay that, and then it turned out to be the cheapest quote by about £100! Elephant wanted £1400!!!!

Morph how old are you? Tesco's wanted £644 from me.

E-sure quoted £350 yesterday, but when I went to accept the policy they said they had made a mistake and the would not quote due to the bodykit.................Don't go to them going back on your word is a no-no!

Finally got my current insurer Bell Direct to drop the renewal to £503 and excepted that. Not bad with only a £150 excess.

wtf? Tesco wanted £907 too. Esure wanted £1000.

I think my SP60 counts against me more heavily than a normal speeding conviction. Even though I was stopped on a motorway (SP50 is speding on a motorway) I got an SP60 (undefined speeding offence) which probaly makes Underwriters think "what the hell did this guy do?"

• 2 months later...

Hi, new user picking up the thread. I'm insured with Bell Direct. IS200 SE, fully comp, no points, £410.

BTW - anyone know how to get hold of the compressor kit made by Toyota's German tuning arm (responsible for the WRC and now F1 outfit) ?

I pay £550 pa living in SE london with £125 excess full NCB....with Direct Line....was looking @ a B*W before the Lexus....DLine wanted £400 excess !!!!! and £800 pa

---------------------------------------

99 IS200 SE SatNav