Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help Needed Urgently! Power Steering Pipe Leaking

Went out to my car this morning and was warming it up a bit when I saw a puddle underneath the front bumper. I popped the bonnet to notice a leak from I think one of the power steering pipes which runs along the drivers side just in front of the rad behind the grill. I think its one of the rubber pipes but lexus state that you can only get the full kit which is the metal pipes and rubber ones as the system loops back on itself.

Anyway, if anyone in manchester can help me out either tomorrow or saturday it would be much appreciated. I really need either the rubber pipes or the full kit asap so if anyone knows anyone who may be breaking a car and if anyone can help me fit them it would be great as I need to get the car back on the road and dont really want to be driving it like this.

Really hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance guys. :)

unfortunatley i havnt moved back to Manc just yet, but if its a rubber hose which is perished there is enough "slack" for it to be cut back and re used, i do have about a meter of the stuff but thats not going to help now, if the hose is perished med way then a decent motor factors should be able to get it for you, worse case scenario, just remove the rubber pipes and loop one back on itself by passing the cooler, its a short term fix, but it will work

it should be a pipe that is re-inforced and lined to be used with oil, silicon type hose is not suitable unless specifically marked up for use with oil,

get the right length and it just pushes onto the barbed ends of the metal tube....there should be a pirtek place nearby and they normally can sort you out

matt, I rang pirtek yesterday morning and they werent able to help. they said they dont supply and would only try to repair it then they quoted me a silly amount as well. Anyway, yesterday I managed to get the hose off and went to andrew page stockport and managed to get a meter of hose from them. Its reinforced fuel hose so I assume it should be ok and also looks exactly the same as the original one but after trying for hours I could get the hose on properly. Its an utter nightmare to get on but going to try again this afternoon. The trick is a put a little cut at the ends to open them up a bit and to also warm the hose in boiling water to soften it. The bit that I managed to get on yesterday is a bit too short so has ended up kinked a bit so I'm going to cut a longer length and try again.

Btw, for reference its a 10mm fuel hose that will work and costs just under £8.

I'll keep you updated.

where in manchester are you fella ?? theres a load of jap car breakers in failsworth area. theres a couple in oldham as well i certain one or more will have an is in. i have a number for one of them 01616272961. theres a yard right behind what used to be carpet world on oldham road failworth failing that theres another one about 300 yards ferther up towards oldham behind the body shop on the main road. sorry i cant be more help with the road names. the only other thing that may help is they are all run by muslim lads so should be open easter sunday, although they all shut for an hour around mid day!

thanks for the info fil but I managed to get some replacement hose from andrew page ltd in stockport. as for getting it from a breakers, I tried a1 jap in failsworth and they wanted £50 for the entire cooler part including rubber hoses which is too much so thats why I tried to get the hoses on their own and luckily I was able to get a meter for less than £8.

I've had trouble fitting the replacement hose though so my mechanicis coming to fit it for me on tuesday.