Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which Model Of Is200 Do I Have?

Hi,

I'm really confused of which model I have.

What I know is: Lexus IS200 1999. Its a LHD (Denmark). It has the original 17" alloys, leather/escaine cabin. alloy pedals. stainless steel scuff plates, dark tinted rear windows. Power controlled driver seat.....

I would say its a Sport?

But when I was about to install a new radio with my purchased amp by-pass lead, I couldn't find the external amp behind the glove box. I've looked everywhere even at the steering wheel side. It just isn't there.... Now I'm not so sure I have the Sport version :megaangry:

If I haven't got the Sport version, which adaptor cable do I then need for my new aftermarket radio?

Thanks

Daniel

Ok but is there a way I can be sure that I have the Sport or not? There is absolutely no external amp to be found. I took some pics when trying to find the amp but I don't know how ti upload them.

Remember though, your is a LHD european model, they were built with a different specification, so a UK sport is not the same as a Euro model

That must be the reason. It's 100% the Sport version here in Denmark, but it seems the 1999 Sport version has not got an external amp in Denmark.

Manufacturers have diffrent spec vehicle for diffrent countries. I wouldnt be suprised if you didnt have an amp. Lets face it if you cant find it ,its not there you havnt got one. if you have all the other sport add ons why worry about it. alloy pedals and scuff trims are cosmetic they dont change the way the car drives.