Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I am the idiot that bought GS300 alloys hoping they would fit my 97 LS400 even if I had to use spacers.................... silly boy!

This time I thought way more research would help even though I did research about the GS300 and failed!

As there is no substitute for proof may I ask if any of you have managed to fit the IS200 alloys like the ones in this eBay auction item no 320881896075.

Once bitten twice shy. PS I have a set of GS300 alloys that obviously need a new home if anyone needs some!

Fingers crossed someone knows, in the mean time I will keep searching.

Thanks for any info and please feel free to laugh at my GS300 alloys ownership lol.

Just to clarify I'm only looking at other alloys as I can't get hold of any originals at a reasonable price. I don't care what state they are in as I can always refurb them.

There are a nice set of mk4 alloys on eBay but I can't afford the price having lumbered myself with the gs300 wheels!

Just to clarify I'm only looking at other alloys as I can't get hold of any originals at a reasonable price. I don't care what state they are in as I can always refurb them.

There are a nice set of mk4 alloys on ebay but I can't afford the price having lumbered myself with the gs300 wheels!

Why don't you refurb what you have on now, or are they not originals?

I would do that however my LS has found a new lease of life as a taxi, yes I did say taxi, so I can't have her off the road gore that long. plus I was hoping for some better looking ones if possible.

Cheers

Pete

Good luck with cabbing it - I used a mk1 Granada 3 litre gxl auto (15 ish mpg) for about six months, my mate had a Rover SD1 3.5 V8 auto at the same time.

We used to cry on each others shoulders as the damned things nearly ruined us.

I changed to a Hillman Hunter and he bought a Marina to get back in the black.

Hopefully the Lexus will trump our jalopies for reliability.

Its not as bad as you might think to be honest but she will be on lpg soon so suddenly makes much more sense.

I couldn't bare the thought of her going to the scrap man and man am I comfortable through all those long hours. The customers love her too and I'm getting airport jobs because of her size and comfort :-)

LPG is a no brainer when you're doing taxi type mileage.

I remember my customers saying how nice the Granada was, sadly they paid the same meter charge as in a manky old Cortina.

Some of the late night trade would have been better suited to a tipper truck. :devil:

I kind of got off topic for a while there lol.

Anyway can anyone confirm if they have managed to fit IS alloys like the ones in this eBay listing 320881896075 to an LS400?

I don't want to make the same mistake twice as i don't have either the cash or time to trial and error my way to a new set of alloys im already stuck with the GS300 ones and they are for sale at less than i paid!what a numpty i am!

The Wheeler Dealer episode where they did an LS400, they fitted those IS200 wheels without issue, plus I've seen several LS400s wearing IS200 wheels.

However, you're going to need bigger tyres as they are far too small a profile to suit the bigger LS400. You'll end up with hilariously big arch gaps, those wheels will look lost!

I was hoping the bigger alloy ie 17 rather 16 would make up for the lower profile tyre is this not the case. I'm a bit in the dark as apart from the wheeler dealer episode I've never seen an LS with anything other than 400 or 430 wheels. Has anyone got any pictures with IS wheels on?

Cheers for the advice lowrider I will revisit the wheeler dealers episode.

Yes it is the calipers that are causing the problem hence why I'm trying to get evidence that they fit a mk3.

I keep searching but finding nothing, maybe the lack of search results tells me all I need to know.

I would be happy with a really tatty set of originals so I could refurb them but I'm having no luck there either.

Well that's a fair point, however when I started down this road the idea was to get a second more modern looking set of alloys to run summer tyres and then to refurb my originals at my leisure.

Once refurbed I would then put winter tyres on.

This is still my main aim however I am realising that two sets of originals might be the best I can expect. Since I don't have a lot of spare cash I need to shift the gs300 alloys I have lumbered myself with first lol.

I appreciate all your advice.

I don't suppose anyone has a picture of a 400 with original 16" alloys BUT with 225/55 as opposed to the 225/60 originals fitted.

My thinking is, I have a belting set of tyres on the gs300 alloys I have and might as well use them if it doesn't look too stupid. Also I expect there might be speedo issues but the one thing that worries me is that someone who has never given me a bum steer before said it could knacker some gearboxes ! Any truth in this does anyone know?

• 4 weeks later...

I am the idiot that bought GS300 alloys hoping they would fit my 97 LS400 even if I had to use spacers.................... silly boy!

This time I thought way more research would help even though I did research about the GS300 and failed!

As there is no substitute for proof may I ask if any of you have managed to fit the IS200 alloys like the ones in this ebay auction item no 320881896075.

Once bitten twice shy. PS I have a set of GS300 alloys that obviously need a new home if anyone needs some!

Fingers crossed someone knows, in the mean time I will keep searching.

Thanks for any info and please feel free to laugh at my GS300 alloys ownership lol.

I borrowed a is 200wheel and it seemed to fit ok, they used is200 wheels on wheeler dealers for thier LS400

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links