Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Toyota Celsior / Ls400 Scrap Or Break?

Ploddo

Hi, I have had the above vehicle for about 6 years or so. It is a 1997 grey import Celsior. It's been a great car and we will be sad to see it go but the backlight has gone on the speedo etc and because of that I don't think it will get through another MOT (due October) as the criteria has changed. Also the radio etc no longer works. We have bought a cheap to run car.... (We still have another LS400 so all is not lost!). Just wondering if anyone knows what the scrap value would be or whether to sell it for parts. It has two newish tyres, bought in September, which unfortunately don't fit the other Lexus, something to do with the Celsior being restricted.

Present scrap values vary between £200-300, you would get more if you break it yourself but then it's storage, time and some parts are different then getting rid of the shell which is now not just a case of weighing it in, it has to be 'processed" correctly ( read this will cost you money to do so)

I already have a Celsior and could be interested in it as a project car if it is driveable and the right price.

Thanks for the reply. Having a bit of trouble finding somewhere to scrap it here. (Norfolk), and we definately don't have the storage space for it as there are four other vehicles here. There is nothing mechanically wrong with it as far as I know. It is still being driven. Think the only things that don't work were mentioned originally plus the drivers seat doesn't heat up. It is MOT'd until October. The interior of the car is quite revolting and would need a lot of tlc as this is the car the dog has been taken out in. There is a dent in the rear which occured when it was reversed into an unseen tree branch. Not big. A few other supermatket type dings but nothing major.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links