Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Photoshop Bumper!

I found this picture on line and couldn't resist asking what you all think about it....

Lexus_IS300_v2_by_apexi957.jpg

If I could buy it, it would be the first thing I would buy for the car as it incorporates DRL lights and a nice open front... and it updates the look of the IS200 straight into the 21st century

The only change I would make to it is that the OEM fog lights would stay....

just vote as I am toying around with the idea of getting it made incl. the side skirts and rear apron

thing is If there are about 5 people that want it, I know just the place to get it made for a good price.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a photoshop of the Porshe bumper but when I saw it the only thing I heard in my mind was.... I want that and I want it now!!!!

Oke did my research and already know that the place that could create it needs at least 5 orders of it otherwise they will not bother.... I'll start an enquiry with the company and will see what they'll say (price is the most important one here).... i'll keep you posted!

PS the bumper will be a GFK copy made right here in the UK and from scratch to finish would take them about 5 weeks... also I'll have to find a source for the DRL to deliver cheap. just to keep the price down on the bumper because Porshe parts are never cheap.... I'm on it my (just sent the e-mail out) and wil ask them if they can create matching side skirts and rear apron so there will be a full bodykit available (let's be honest most bodykits can't see the light of day because the only good option is TRD oem, which is getting hard to source, and this would make a really nice edition for al those people that want something new but not to flashy)

Sounds good, I may be interested. Good quality DRLs are important though, those cheapo ones aren't very bright, look second rate plus LEDs go in them. They'll need to be as good as the Merc, BMs, Audi etc

Regarding the rear, how about a full bumper instead of an apron? Something that looks the same as the OEM so nothing monster, but with a nice diffuser in. The diffuser could be similar to most modern rears, like Audi for example. Difficult to explain, but a nice standard looking rear with a modern up to date twist would be better than an add on smirt I reckon.

I have asked them to create a rear apron that incorporates a rear diffuser the likes of audi ;)

or a complete rear bumper looking like this :

pb2.jpg

PS I'm looking for the DRL's that are OEM Porshe because of the quality ;)

I have asked them to create a rear apron that incorporates a rear diffuser the likes of audi ;)

or a complete rear bumper looking like this :

pb2.jpg

PS I'm looking for the DRL's that are OEM Porshe because of the quality ;)

That looks spot on mate, happy either way mate. :) :)

That's definitely along the right lines I'd say! Maybe not such a wide diffuser though, the sides should come in more before it goes up. How about a little moulded lip around the top of the diffuser so it doesn't look like just a cut out piece of bumper. Looking good though!

I am waiting for response from the designers at the company... I can't draw or edit pictures that well but will let them make the drawings if they quote a price.... changes are they are going to need my car for making the prototypes and molds for the body kit so be patient please as up to this point I don't know anything yet.

But looking at other body kits they do it should be around 650 to 1000 for the full kit incl the OEM Porshe DRL lights

(full kit = front bumper with Porshe DRL's/ Rear bumper with diffuser look/ Sideskirts = 1000 or mper

full kit = front bumper with Porshe DRL's/ Rear Bumper apron diffuser look/ Sideskirts = 650

please note estimate made by me NOT THE COMPANY!!!)

So be patient please as the price range is just a guess by looking at the body kits they normally do (and the retail price of the Porshe DRL lights and I don't know if they can get them for less so I made the enquiry to create the front bumper with and without the DRL's so we can get them from the Porshe dealer or other internet source)

UPDATE:

Just got a confirmation e-mail

the design team is going to look into the design and fabrication cost I will hear from them somewhere around monday.

I must say that they actually where quite enthusiastic about the design of the complete body kit so let's see what the price will be and when they can fit it in ( something about planning was mentioned on the phone)

No update yet but will call them tomorrow and let you know what I got told patience seems to be is the name of the game.

UPDATE:

patience is the name of the game...

according to the sales department the pictures and my enquiry never ended up at the designers... but they will get back to me ASAP

Hello that doesn't matter what type it is we want to create a new bodykit and I'm mailing with the designer right now...

I asked him to incorporate the headlight washers and get the oem fog-lights incorporated in the new bumper design.

Good news every one!!! I found the manufacturer of the DRL lights and they cost retail price just less than 50 quid.

Also asked him to draw up an apron that has that look or a complete new rear bumper that incorporates a real diffuser

with the suggestions that where made.

Anyway, things are looking good he's working on it so will have to wait until I can agree upon the changes ;)

which I'll then put up here for a review.

But there is progress!!!!!

I was looking at this kit myself awhile back and was keen on getting it until it dawned on me it's a porshe front end( doesn't bother me in the slightest). Like you north I fell in love with it straight away. I would defo be interested in getting this kit,Obviously depending on price but,man I think it's sexy as hell! Keep up the good work on letting us know. Cheers

The rear apron needs to be subtle though, I think the rear end needs to be conservative, just a diffuser like most modern cars, C Class Sport for example. Everyone has different opinions though.

Hello that doesn't matter what type it is we want to create a new bodykit and I'm mailing with the designer right now...

I asked him to incorporate the headlight washers and get the oem fog-lights incorporated in the new bumper design.

Good news every one!!! I found the manufacturer of the DRL lights and they cost retail price just less than 50 quid.

Also asked him to draw up an apron that has that look or a complete new rear bumper that incorporates a real diffuser

with the suggestions that where made.

Anyway, things are looking good he's working on it so will have to wait until I can agree upon the changes ;)

which I'll then put up here for a review.

But there is progress!!!!!

my point is why go in to trouble of getting something made when its already avalible (rear bumper) also looking at this realisticly the bumpers you are getting prices for don't expect it to be cheap just look at the man hours thats got to be put in molds made costing for the materials to make the bumper then fitting and paint i think its going to be near enough a grand or more for the front and rear bumpers fitted and painted which you can pick up an i200 for less than

The idea is to get a rear apron that incorporates a diffuser something more like what's on the Audi/BMW/ etc etc...

but I wouldn't be me if I would try and get it functional rather then just looks.

The thing is the front bumper will be able to take a bigger sized intercooler for the cars that have been blessed with forced induction, therefore taking away the must of cutting into the bumper just to get the intercooler pipes connected.

And the open design to the front enhances the cars ability to take in more cold air underneath the hood, good for engine cooling and people that drive around with an DIY induction kit.

Also the IS200 already has a very good airflow under the car but the OEM rear bumper design can cause the back to lift at high speeds.... with a working diffuser this problem could be a thing of the passed making the car even more stable and road hugging ;)

I looked, thought and did my research like I said before and am trying to get all these things incorporated so that the bodykit will be both functional & an enhancement of the already really nice lines of the IS200

@Mikey:

you aren't getting it the idea is to create a complete new bodykit.. so NO it will not look like that for me to give you all an idea of what it could look like I have added the pictures that the bodykit will be based on.

Now back to the rear bumper / apron:

It was just an example the pictures send to the designer has been filled with loads of changes to that bumper and suggestions ( as to keep the price down we want an apron iso a rear bumper) but function go first then looks.

So it is possible there will be a complete rear bumper. But it will not look like this one, it will incorporate a diffuser ;)

this is more the thing we would want:

Foto-ZUKC7H7E-D.jpg

PS done with MS Paint so you can see more what we are after ( the one we want will have a clear edge around it making it more part of the bumper than this smudged out look)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links