Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Photoshop Bumper!

I get what you are trying to do a few point i have just looked at on your statement

as for Fi guys there is enough room to fit a cooler this big and looks alot better than a fake porche front end ( pic courtsy of Sam B 1jz is200 )

IMG_1642.jpg

IMG_1645.jpg

I understand about the rear defuser but not about the hi speed lift as never encounterd it even though i topped out my car plenty

& the bumper you want to copy is the HKS one then

HKS3.jpg

Mike

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have asked them to create a rear apron that incorporates a rear diffuser the likes of audi ;)

or a complete rear bumper looking like this :

pb2.jpg

PS I'm looking for the DRL's that are OEM Porshe because of the quality ;)

That looks spot on mate, happy either way mate. :) :)

Definitely count me in on that :heart: Looks gorgeous got that pic as my wallpaper at the moment actually haha

Mikey your still not getting it..... That pic of that bumper you have showed us is boring and so common, the idea is to get something different to what everyone else has got. But the rear bumper is ok.

Errol, I'm still happy with everything you have said so far. Looking forward to this, need to start saving now :)

Mikey your still not getting it..... That pic of that bumper you have showed us is boring and so common, the idea is to get something different to what everyone else has got. But the rear bumper is ok.

Couldnt have put it better myself :phone:

apart from that Mike: that rear bumper is just booooooring eye candy & it doesn't have a working diffuser. The OEM front bumper isn't the best design when it comes to FI... the Legana bumper (and copies of that) is better as it has a more open design so it passes through more air, but even that design is starting to show it's age (and doesn't take bigger intercoolers well without modifications)

(about the lift: you might not have noticed it because you have lowered your car, if it is still on OEM springs and shocks you notice it when you are on the motorway doing about 120 in the rain... something that S and SE owners should all have experienced at that speed and those conditions)

fact:

if you like to have your IS looking like something from 1.5 decades ago, this will not be the bodykit for you and you should be fine with the old stuff which isn't easy to get TRD/HKS/Legana bumpers (apart from that getting the stuff new will cost you about the same as this bodykit will probably cost and the car will still look like something from 1.5 decades ago)

the cost for the bodykit we'll have to wait until next week thursday. The designer let me know that creating it to the spec. I gave him will not be a problem.. he just wants to make sure we see eye to eye on the drawings and possible changes first and the fact that we still need a minimum order of 5 bodykits.

Not to sure on side skirts and rear end, but put me down as a definate for the front end. Dont care what it looks like from what car thats and awesoem front end. Only problem is when its on i will have to retake my profile picture ha ha

Not sure about anyone else but I've never actually seen a IS200/IS300 or Altezza with either of the bumpers Mikey posted up.I really like the one on the white car, and if that is a chargespeed bumper without a lip I'll probbaly be getting myself one of them soon because I've always wondered what that was!

I would say you guys are going to be looking at a couple of grand each per kit taking into account the design time, prototyping and then final production and material costs of an entire bodykit from scratch.

apart from that Mike: that rear bumper is just booooooring eye candy & it doesn't have a working diffuser. The OEM front bumper isn't the best design when it comes to FI... the Legana bumper (and copies of that) is better as it has a more open design so it passes through more air, but even that design is starting to show it's age (and doesn't take bigger intercoolers well without modifications)

If you actually want a proper functioning rear diffuser you are probably going to end up being charged more than the value of your car to produce it...

It will require huge amounts of computer design, then prototyping. It will also have to be tested in a wind tunnel to check that the diffuser is actually working properly and not reducing downforce due to incorrect angles/airflow.

(about the lift: you might not have noticed it because you have lowered your car, if it is still on OEM springs and shocks you notice it when you are on the motorway doing about 120 in the rain... something that S and SE owners should all have experienced at that speed and those conditions)

You really shouldn't be announcing that you drive at 120mph on the road in the rain. 120mph is a dangerous speed in any conditions, but it would only take a few metres of surface water at that speed and you could kill yourself and others.

fact:

if you like to have your IS looking like something from 1.5 decades ago, this will not be the bodykit for you and you should be fine with the old stuff which isn't easy to get TRD/HKS/Legana bumpers (apart from that getting the stuff new will cost you about the same as this bodykit will probably cost and the car will still look like something from 1.5 decades ago)

What you just said there should have been labelled "opinion:"

Everything Mikey said is perfectly valid, as it would be much easier and cheaper to modify existing parts than to create a whole new design at this stage in the cars lifetime. However that is his opinion, just like your opinion is that you should stop the IS200 looking old, by making it look like a Porsche (which hasn't really changed much in about 25 years)

There are many different bumpers, skirts, lips etc. available for the IS200, and I've hardly seen any of them in real life.

No worrys mate, all info is good info. I don't mind paying a bit for the kit but not up for a few grand :( if it is then I would just be interested in the front end only.

I'll wait till Thursday and see what Errol comes up with anyway. :)

Thats my point there Sprinter it isn't going be cheap its not as easy as i will just get a few made that every one will be happy about,

as for looking like 1.5 decades old to be fair its looks are far more advanced for its time just look at what mercs and what not was out at this time, There must of been a reason you bought a IS200 was it not for how it looks also.

So you are saying with the standard shocks and springs the car lifts at high speeds, You want to design a working rear defuser to fix this but you have just told me i already had the cure ' lowering'

you'll always have purist :innocent: the front bumper is based upon the porshe so if it wouldn't look like it it would be rubbish :D luckily it doesn't so if it will be created we'll have something unique.

i will wait first for the design etc and see if it works out at a normal price. i might just end up getting them to make just the front bumper.

about the fact that i ended up with an IS was simple enough could get it for a bargain and that was the reason i got it... didn't expect it to grow on me that fast but there are a few things i don't like about the design and the fact that almost every IS looks the same with or without bodykit.

and that is why i'm looking into something new.

for everyone's peace of mind I asked for prices for:

front bumper with DRL

side-skirts

rear apron

or rear bumper

and the full price for the complete body-kit

however the prices work out the interested parties will have their say first ;)

Mike it would have been easier if you would have said that at first. :D

The price might not be so high if they would be taking the design up in their catalogue (which was mentioned to me that it is a possibility meaning they'll own the design and all the moulds and that'll drop the price)

but like I said before we'll have to wait.. until Thursday because then they'll quote for the creation of every single piece of the body-kit and I'll hear if they want it in their catalogue 2 :)

YEAH REPLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for your info:

Hi Errol

many thanks for being patient, i have had a good look at this project now and can release the following details and prices. The prices at the moment are rough and also are pending the fact that you can get a 911 bumper to us and also 1 set of the drl

For the front bumper i suggest the fog light to be in the place of the vent area rather than make an extra hole as this takes away the smoothness and clean finish of the bumper, with it being in the vent area it can be an optional feature for sure. Either the del or the fog light

Front bumper £220

Sideskirts £180

Rear lip with diffuser £190

Rear bumper with rear diffuser £210

Need to find a bumper is the answer....

I replied that I will try and source the bumper.

I send him back this drawing:

Foto-LX8AVEOG-D.jpg

note the repositioning of the fog lights this can be either Porshe or Lexus OEM the bumper will cover them anyway so they'll look like they are round.

Next thing is finding the 911 bumper with the DRL lights so if anyone knows where i can find that cheap please let me know :D

Thanks mike! I'm sourcing eBay as we speak found a few that slightly resemble it but still need to see if i can get it with the drl's ;)

well found the one that is right but don't like the price at all

follow the link click here think I need to start saving up for the development if these are the going prices note that this one is damaged ( doesn't matter since it'll be chopped up and then mated to the oem bumper anyway, something I can do myself ... if it wasn't for the group buy I would deffo go this route!!!)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links