Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can't Pull Windows Down Or Lock Doors From Inside.

Hi Lexus drivers,

I just got a problem today while driving home from work.

I can't seem to pull any of the windows down (passenger windows etc)

Can't lock the doors from inside.

The funny thing is when I start my car, open and close the door, I get a "door locking" sound not once but twice, but the doors aren't locked.

Any ideas what it could be?

Thanks for your help

check your fuses mate and check the passenger door on the inside for water. changes are the system simply has a shortcut due to water.

PS when you hear the door locks go double means that it tries to lock the door and it didn't work properly so it'll open it again.

I might have a look at that when the weather permits. I have had a quick check at the fuses, it doesn't seem to be a problem.

It's just strange that the door locks don't work and none of the windows work. I will report back when I have found the problem.

• 3 months later...

Sorry for the late reply :). I have finally sorted out the problem. The problem was due to a dry joint within the window/mirror switch :) cost be £10 to resolder the joint. I know what a rip off lol. The guy said it was a common problem....hmmmm :S