Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1997 Lexus Ls400, Mod Ideas ?

Just bought a 97 Ls400, great car, love it.

Im not looking to do any engine/performance mods but i would like to change the alloys from stock and i have seen that you can buy clear indicators, LED rear lights and a splitter spoiler from America. Is there anyone that sells any of this stuff in the Uk & Ireland ?

What changes have yous guys made ?

I dont plan on spending a fortune either so ideas within a budget of around €500 - €1000

Cheers................

the clear indicators and debadging are pretty sensible and look good.

The LED lights cost an absolute fortune and not sure it is good € spent.

The LS400 DHP 17" and the LS430 wheels are a good upgrade from the standard

If you are lucky and find OZ opera in the correct configuration they look awesome on an LS.

Don't bother with the LED lighting, I'd go for the non-LED clear/red clusters instead, like I have on mine.

Not sure which 'splitter' you are referring to, but I find unless you are going with a full aero-kit [rear lip, side skirts, front and rear bumpers], then the LS400 doesn't really suit 'add on' bodywork styling.

Clear side repeaters can be found in the UK, as they are the same as for Mk1 Toyota MR2s.

The trouble with debadging is that only some of the bootlid badges are held on with adhesive, some have pins which go through holes in the bootlid. This means you either have to get the holes filled in and the bootlid repainted, or only take off some of the badges, which leaves the symmetry a little 'off' in the rear.

Don't bother with the LED lighting, I'd go for the non-LED clear/red clusters instead, like I have on mine.

Not sure which 'splitter' you are referring to, but I find unless you are going with a full aero-kit [rear lip, side skirts, front and rear bumpers], then the LS400 doesn't really suit 'add on' bodywork styling.

Clear side repeaters can be found in the UK, as they are the same as for Mk1 Toyota MR2s.

The trouble with debadging is that only some of the bootlid badges are held on with adhesive, some have pins which go through holes in the bootlid. This means you either have to get the holes filled in and the bootlid repainted, or only take off some of the badges, which leaves the symmetry a little 'off' in the rear.

Can you direct me to somewhere i can pick up the red cluster lights ?

Whats your opinion on lowering springs, dropping it 1". Will it ruin the ride?

I have a set of barely used Tanabe lowering springs. It drops a fair bit more than 1", but still easily cleared the biggest of speedbumps, and was barely any stiffer than the Lexus wafty ride.

This is with the Tanabes fitted, bear in mind I'm running 19" wheels!

CIMG1326.jpg

Here's a rear shot showing the clear/red lamps

CIMG1328.jpg

I've actually tinted the fog lamps red on mine, usually the clear section runs all the way across, and you use red bulbs in the fog lamp sections.