Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1999 Se - Stereo Amplified?

The reason I ask is I'd like to got a new head unit and need an iso converter. I have read that all se models have an amplifier but the only leads I can find for amplified systems are for 2001 and on cars.

Anyone know if a lead Is available or does the pre 2001 se not have an amp?

yes there is a cable for it you just have to look a bit better and all se versions have an amp.

the problem is that not all places have the right one... do a search on the site and you'll find the right cable (or look on e-bay ;) ) or just press this link

Yeah saw them but didn't know what am amp bypass does. I want to use the amp if possible, does this lead do that or as I thought literally bypass the amp and just use the speakers on their own?

It is a pass through: it converts the oem connectors to ISO standard.... you have to plug the white side into your OEM amp and than route the cable to the radio (over the glovebox) and plug in the ISO to your new head unit.... this way you don't have to cut your OEM cable and a reverse is as easy as unplugging this cable and putting the oem one back in.

PS you'll need a facia too : follow this link

this one comes with both sizes din or double din ;)

so together it'll cost you about 30 quid ( not to bad me thinks for plug and play :D )

Nope it uses the parcel shelf speakers for sub... doesn't really matter as when you add a decent aftermarket unit it will have pre-outs and gives you the option of adding a sub in the back with it's own amp.... but best thing is getting the lot first then when you have it all make your decision. I've seen many is200's without sub simply because the standard system delivers more then enough grunt.... and if that doesn't tickle your fancy you can allways upgrade the standard speakers to better aftermarket ones (unless you are a bassjunky and want to offer up boot space for some proper bass you can hear at least 2 blocks away from the car)

Check out the audio (boot) setups on the site you'll see that a lot is possible

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links