Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

35Mm Or 40Mm Drop?

Cheap or not they do have some decent reviews and even if i do have to replace them in a couple of years i still won't have spent as much as i would on a set of Eibachs lol.

The Eibachs are definitely a more reputable brand which i would rather go and have used before. However they are over double the price and only offer a 30mm drop not 35mm. Which isn't what im looking for.

I personally would like a 35 or 40 drop and as cheap as possible! I understand you think the Apex are crap just because they are cheap but its not your opinion of what you think they might be like i was after but opinions on springs that people have used and had experience with.

If you know where i could find Eibachs with a 35mm drop or more that would be usefull.

Eibach make springs for other reputable aftermarket and factory fit tuning firms. They rarely offer more than 30mill drop for good reason. Overly harsh ride. Loss of suspension travel... And, it's too damn low. Bloody Chavs. ;) :D

anyone fitted the apex then, its been a while im waiting for reviews?

When I get some money in I will go for the Teins or Eibachs

anyone fitted the apex then, its been a while im waiting for reviews?

When I get some money in I will go for the Teins or Eibachs

I will be getting mine at the end of the month start of next. I will let you all no how it goes.

:)

i've got tezno r on my lex since over 6months and no problems so far. quite a harsh ride but car went down very low about 45mm. generally i'm very happy with them, for that price they're great!

:) The ride is a little bit harder than normal but not much of a difference and the handling is much better as I found out this morning on the way to work taking a few extra roundabouts than normal lol.

And yes all aligned back up sweet as a nut but I did have a friend who is a mechanic helping me do the install.

I'm late reading this thread I know, but of all those brands you listed I've only heard of Apex and Eibach. Our local motor factor that we all use for parts at work when working on cars, consistently supplies Apex more than any other. I've never heard of any problems with them, over any other brand. It's the speed humps that;s the problem....lol

Is Stein a shortened name for Bilstein, as I've never heard of them, but the Bilstein name goes back years.

Looks well nice mate. Let us know how they feel a week or so down the line.if its still all good i think i may have to purchase some myself. also did they drop the amount they should or did you not measure?

Looks well nice mate. Let us know how they feel a week or so down the line.if its still all good i think i may have to purchase some myself. also did they drop the amount they should or did you not measure?

Yes mate will do :)

And that would of been a great idea if I had of thought about it (dohh) what a numpty I am lol, but yes I think it droped what it should of and I'm well chuffed with it. Yes I would say go for it mate.

Thanks mate.

Lewis.

Looks good mate. It will drop more over the next few weeks as the springs settle. Did you get the camber adjustment on the front back in spec? Something to keep an eye on is for the telltale feathering of the extreme inner edge of the tyres. Turn the wheel out over the next few weeks just to be sure the tyres are not wearing unevenly.

Glad you're pleased with them mate. After looking at the pics I'm starting to wish I'd kept them!

Thanks again mate, I'm glad you didn't tho lol. Looked at the vid you said about, very funny and good at the same time. Cheers again mate.

Lewis

Looks good mate. It will drop more over the next few weeks as the springs settle. Did you get the camber adjustment on the front back in spec? Something to keep an eye on is for the telltale feathering of the extreme inner edge of the tyres. Turn the wheel out over the next few weeks just to be sure the tyres are not wearing unevenly.

Thanks for the info mate :) will keep an eye on it. As for the spec ill have to ask my mate.

Thanks

Lewis.

• 2 months later...

Hey Guys,

Really simple question but does lowering the car put any stress on any other parts of the car, as I am looking at lowering my lex at the end of the week by about 40mm on Gmax's. Would really love to know as only just spent aroun the £1200 marker fixing the lower arms and calipers??

Many Thanks

Simon

no stress on the parts mentioned by you but it'll put xtra stress on the ball joints and the suspension bushes...

just swap the lot for Poly Urethane versions when they start to act up, as they are cheaper, stiffer and last longer then the OEM versions anyway.

I am installing sometime in September Eibach Sportline springs, they are lowering the car more less 35mm all around.

They take 8 weeks to be delivered from USA according to Eibach.

So will provide some feedback ;)

I used the Eibach Prokit before when I had my Ford Cougar and the ride was supreme ... loved it. In a well designed chassis a set of good springs feels nice.

• 5 months later...