Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Where To Find Ls400 1990 Second Hand Parts

Hi, Thanks looking for secondhand parts for LS400 1990 , I am sure it used to be easier getting bits, as I was always able to find someone breaking one up, seems to be getting harder, looking for Drivers window motor, and switches on drivers side, and inner plastic backing parts to inside door handle drivers side. Or maybe I need to get a newer model Lex , as this has been a great car to own and drive, 22 years old! Decal

Hi Decal

I also have a 90 lex but saw the day coming seven years ago when parts would be hard to get so I bought a 91 insurance write off( under carraige) for £800 it was the same colour as mine and had done 50k less in miles.I bought it for two reasons one for the spares and one as a tutorial for dismantling the parts from the Lexus Ls400 so I did'nt damage parts when repairing mine.

My bonnet had been dinged in a falling object garage roofspace incident so that was the first changover ,the front wings were next followed by the boot I could go on all day sufficient to say when I had finished it looked like a banger from grass track racing all parts that could be stripped are in storage apart from the engine and gearbox which at that time were a bit rarer with 80k on so I got £600 for the rolling chassis minus seats door cards all ecu's lights electrics even the front discs which were new.

After selling a few of the bits I already had as spares the whole deal cost me £50.

I hasten to add that none of the spares are for sale apart from the fact they are hard to get I know they are all OK.

Just a rider to this story; When the car was up on blocks in the process of being stripped I took her up to 150mph in gear with the back wheels turning my mate said if it had come off the blocks the car would have become airborne ,needless to say there was'nt a tremor.

I think Benfur has finished with the LS breaking.

I am in a similar position at the moment with 1997 spares, there are none on fleabay being broken.

There was a 1992-1994 model in my local breakers and I called in the other day to discover it had gone to be crushed as "we never sold anything off it apart from that sidelight you bought"

With the price of scrap metal at the moment people are cashing in without considering stripping a car 1st.

There are some window regulators listed on fleabay and maybe some of the other parts you need have a look through these.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?LH_ItemCondition=12&_trkparms=65%253A7%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1&rt=nc&_nkw=lexus+ls400&_dmpt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1581&_pgn=2