Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Leather Interior Creak On A 5 Year Old / 40K Car?

This week I looked at a five year old / 40k car which was extremely nice, but had what seemed a LOT of leather / interior creaks, which seemed to worsen as I test drove the car further on my 10 mile test drive.

(I'm comparing this to the interior of my same age 325i and my wife's SAAB).

I'm struggling with whether this was a) my imagination; B) the result of driving a car whose engine and road noise is very quiet; or c) a particular problem with this car.

Any thoughts?

Obviously there's always the answer: just try more cars - but life is short, and there aren't actually that many suitable GS450h's around !

Thanks in advance.

I've read a few members of clublexus comlpain about rattles/creaks on the 3rd Gen models, unlike their previous one(s).

A trip to the dealer often got it sorted, although that may've been whilst under warranty with them.

Hi,

Can you work out where the creeks are coming from, I had a GS 300 and that had a creek from the front of the dash were it meets the windscreen, as it was still under warranty I took it back and they re- sound proofed it and that solved the problem, but my 3. 1/2 year old 450h is as quiet as a mouse, ( and up for sale see classified section if your still looking for a great car).

I have a 3rd generation GS300 and have a few of the infamous creaks alright - from the front in winter and back in summer! :eerrrmm:

I've never heard the leather creaking though, or anyone complaining of it. (as an aside: the GS leather really holds up well. My car has 100k miles and, aside from some minor creasing to the drivers bolster due to my fat arse, the leather looks good as new).

• 2 weeks later...

I sold my GS300 for the main reason. Creeks from the rear when the weather is hot and from the dash. Car visited dealership over 4 times and after the warranty run out, Lexus was asking for a fortune to fix something that they should have fixed from day one. I now have the Merc E350 CDI sport and have no regret