Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Difference Between Rx400H Sel & Se

Hi there, looking to buy a RX400H in the next 3-6 months. I would like to know what is the difference between an SEL and SE model apart from the DVD screens and the extra money. thanks

I think the L's stand for Levinsen as in 'Mark Levinsen' sound systems which comes with either 13.1 or 18.1 surround sound speakers systems and maybe sunroof, xenons, cooling leather seats, 18" alloys basically the whole lot...

I've not long purchased an RX400h and the only difference I could find was that the SE doesn't have the DVD screens or the Mark Levinsen 11 speaker system. I got a 2008 SE MM (Multimedia package) which has everything the SE-L has except the rear screens (which comes as ICE package), but for that I use a tablet and headrest mount. If there is anything else different I could not find it, nor could Lexus tell me any different.

• 4 weeks later...

If you are not bothered about the rear seat entertainment screens, but want all the other gadgets, you may want to consider the Executive Limited Edition, which I believe was the last edition before the car was replaced. You will then get ALL the extras, including adaptive headlights, Mark Levinson audio system, and even illuminated sill plates with the Lexus logo that glows blue when you open the doors... ain't that cool!? :geek:

• Like 1

There are only three differences on the 04-06 models:

Sat Nav Multi Media package (MM NAV)

rear entertainment system (ICE)

Mark Levinsen sound system

The first two were options on the SE so you can almost get it to the spec of the SE-L but you cannot get the better stereo

Edited by ColinBarber
  • Like 1

There are only three differences:

Sat Nav Multi Media package (MM NAV)

rear entertainment system (ICE)

Mark Levinsen sound system

The first two were options on the SE so you can almost get it to the spec of the SE-L but you cannot get the better stereo

Mine was advertised by Lexus as the SE MM and has the upgraded 11 speaker Mark Levinsen sound system with 6 DVD changer in the dash .. it just doesn't have the rear screens. Most of the ones I looked at were MM models and all 4 of them only differed from the SE-L by not having the rear entertainment.

Mine was advertised by Lexus as the SE MM and has the upgraded 11 speaker Mark Levinsen sound system with 6 DVD changer in the dash .. it just doesn't have the rear screens. Most of the ones I looked at were MM models and all 4 of them only differed from the SE-L by not having the rear entertainment.

indeed, forgot to add that was for the 04-06 models. After the minor facelift the specs changed slightly.

• 7 years later...
9 hours ago, Keeling54 said:

Hi all, does anyone know if Bluetooth was common on all models, I've just looked at an SE and forgot to ask or test it. 

If the SE has the Nav option then yes. This is just phone connectivity though, no streaming music.

On 7/6/2019 at 12:11 PM, rich1068 said:

Bluetooth phone connectivity was flaky at best in my 400h. 2006 tech and new handsets do not play nicely.

My 400h is a 2008, and Bluetooth connectivity is flawless! Using an Iphone X. Pairs itself seamlessly as soon as I'm in range and the car is on. Only negative would be that I can't import my phone book, since iOS was barely invented when that tech was implemented.

Maybe it's the updated head unit or an Android thing but I never had much luck with mine. And iirc I had to be stationary before I could make a call!

My 2009 works every time with phone Bluetooth pairing.  Never bothered with the inbuilt phone book (which I think disappears if you have to replace the 12v car battery).

I bought a £15 Bluetooth radio transmitter thing that links to the FM radio.  This works brilliantly for streaming music (including skipping tracks backwards and forwards using the buttons on the device rather than on the wheel, but of course the volume controls on the wheel work ok).

The device also has a high power and low power usb output, and I have connected a wire-free charger to the high power output - this lets me simply stick my Iphone 8 to it via one of those sticky black pads.  

Mike

• 2 years later...

Resurrecting a dormant thread. Is there a difference between the models regarding the leather seats? Namely, was perforated leather standard across the range or reserved for particular levels of model. I’m looking at pictures of a car for sale on the internet and cannot make out if it is perforated or “solid” leather. The car is advertised as SE with the later navigation unit.

1 hour ago, oldieish said:

Is there a difference between the models regarding the leather seats?

No, they both have perforated leather seats. You can't always see it in low quality jpeg web images, the compression smooths out the detail. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links