Just out of curiosity how many lexus's have you owned

I've had a LS400 mk2

LS400 mk4 ( still have it)

Not officially a lex but had a SOARER 4ltr GT-L

IS200 SE

GS450h SE-L ( present runaround )

ive had 4 is200 and an is300.

what made you go back to the IS200 Ian?

Not by choice mate, bought it from bristol, all was fine on test drive and on way home, next day gearbox decided to drop all its oil , also having a look round i realised eml light didnt come on with ignition...found out bulb had been removed. The reason being lambdas were fubared. At this point had a very good look at everything, rear lights had been siliconed on rather than bolted,numerous bolts missing from under bonnet.

Had someone look at gearbox and a pipe had split (at some point it had been bodged with what looked like hosepipe), got a replacement and re-filled with oil but wouldnt change gear smoothly, was advised to replace gearbox but at this stage i had gone through x amount of cash and so i sold it as spares/repair.

just in case it pops up again the reg is LS51 RHO.

wow hence i take my time when buying a car these days and normally ask the seller/dealer permission for me to fuel at least a gallon(£7) of petrol so i do both short and long open road drives to see if everything is still working and holding together before i commit to buy.

wow hence i take my time when buying a car these days and normally ask the seller/dealer permission for me to fuel at least a gallon(£7) of petrol so i do both short and long open road drives to see if everything is still working and holding together before i commit to buy.

wont happen again after that, was a 250 mile home ward trip and nothing showed up, just my luck i suppose.

The one i have now i went over everything a dozen times or more, seller thought id moved in LOL.

MK1 GS300 Lovely car

MK2 GS300 another lovely car but not as nice looking

MK2 GS300 as above but running on LPG (current car)

SC430 my weekend car

Cant see me ever changing brands

• 1 month later...

2001 IS200 SE

2001 IS200 Sport

My dad had a MK1 LS400 when I was a kid and I loved it!

I will only buy Lexus and Honda cars now as their the only 2 brands never to give me serious grief! Had a great Accord. 2004, 185,000 miles when I sold it earlier this year and all I had to do was Tyres and yearly service. Went through 4 MOT's while I owned it not even an advisory! My Lex's haven't been as reliable to be honest but still great cars.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...