Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Disabled The Reversing Beeps Myself Today

Brettster

Today I managed to disable the annoying reversing beeps myself using a scan gauge II

Fairly simple and now it just beeps once when you engage reverse.

The scan gauge plugs into the OBDii port ans monitors rpm fuel Battery etc

Finding it very useful in helping me change my driving style to get more mpg :)

Also means I have a real time rev counter as well as a multitude of other readings you cannot get from the car otherwise.

Today I managed to disable the annoying reversing beeps myself using a scan gauge II.

I googled the scan gauge II and it looks to be a worthwhile piece of kit. Having never had any experience of such a device, does it come with an idiots guide? I have had dealings with OBD sockets before but only on those simple reset tools they used on systems they used to fit on BMW and Audi service lights. I would welcome your views on the scan gauge and its ease of use since its cost seems to justify its use since it has the potential to pay back its own value at the dealers in approximately two hours or less ( not including my own time in travelling to the dealers). :D

Hi Geof

It's very easy to use the built in functions are menu driven and the device is powered from the obdii port

The fancy programming stuff is done on the device and I followed a guide for the 3rd gen Prius. It's just a matter of inputting some numbers,double checking and clicking save.

Today I managed to disable the annoying reversing beeps myself using a scan gauge II

Fairly simple and now it just beeps once when you engage reverse.

The scan gauge plugs into the OBDii port ans monitors rpm fuel battery etc

Finding it very useful in helping me change my driving style to get more mpg :)

Also means I have a real time rev counter as well as a multitude of other readings you cannot get from the car otherwise.

Hi Brett, this looks a really interesting piece of kit (having googled it myself like the other Geof) i have noticed though that the guages are on sale at quite a variance in pricing, from really really cheap, through £79 up to £125.00. Which did you opt for and what influenced your choice. Thanks.

Hi Brett, this looks a really interesting piece of kit (having googled it myself like the other Geof) i have noticed though that the guages are on sale at quite a variance in pricing, from really really cheap, through £79 up to £125.00. Which did you opt for and what influenced your choice. Thanks.

I just went for the standard scan gadge 2

Got mine from eBay for 90 quid

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links