Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance Renewal Through... £800 Fully Comp.. Ouch

Just had my insurance renewal through, Was nearly £800 for fully comp protected. I am 38 and have 7 years no claims. No claims for last 5 years.

Time to look elsewhere, how much are you guys paying ? Adrian Flux have been cheap in the past but I dont think I would go with them as they

have such a bad reputation now.

I pay mine monthly so it's a bit more, but if I paid in one go mine would be about £800, and that's fully comp with 3 years no claims as a 21 year old with both my parents on it. (for an IS200)

And that's with Admiral, they come out top of every search I do by quite a long way!

I won't get insurance from Adrian Flux just on principal now, even with 3 years no claims they won't insure me on my IS200 so I won't be going back to them in future.

Just had my insurance renewal through, Was nearly £800 for fully comp protected. I am 38 and have 7 years no claims. No claims for last 5 years.

Time to look elsewhere, how much are you guys paying ? Adrian Flux have been cheap in the past but I dont think I would go with them as they

That is more than twice what I pay for my ISF with Direct Line and nearly 4 times what the 30 yr old girl who now has my IS200LE paid this year. Phone around directly to Insurers and do not use Comparison Sites or Brokers. Everybody can get cheaper Insurance by NOT using them.

Hi,

With regards to your comments regarding our reputation I can appreciate if you have concerns regards this however if you felt that you would like a quotation you would be more than welcome to PM me your details and I could arrange for someone to call you back and discuss any concerns that you may have.

As with all insurers and forums there's always positive and negative feedback which goes with the territory. If however you would rather try elsewhere then no problem.

Regards,

Dan.

I rarely stay with an insurer when renewal times come. There is no such thing as loyalty anymore, and they hike the price on the assumption that as they were competitive last year, you will think they will be this year and will just pay it. I'm sure in most cases people just leave the DD running and don't even realise. Bell insurance were great last year but this year they were pants, yet admiral (who are the same company!) came in best. I now have my GS430 and Corrado VR6 both insured for £550, which is less than bell wanted for just the GS.

I rarely stay with an insurer when renewal times come. There is no such thing as loyalty anymore, and they hike the price on the assumption that as they were competitive last year, you will think they will be this year and will just pay it. I'm sure in most cases people just leave the DD running and don't even realise. Bell insurance were great last year but this year they were pants, yet admiral (who are the same company!) came in best. I now have my GS430 and Corrado VR6 both insured for £550, which is less than bell wanted for just the GS.

I agree, I did read somewhere the percentage of people who just blindly renew with existing company, I can't recall the exact number, but it was pretty high.

Actually, I've just remembered, it was on Watchdog and they had the top man from ABI on there, boy did he squirm when confronted with the figures.

Shop around has been my advice for years now, as said above, loyalty is a thing of the past.

Get the best quote you can on internet comparison, then ring around to see if anybody will beat it, won't take that long and will almost certainly save you hundreds.

I used to be with Sky insurance and paid £600 fully comp with 2yrs NCB then I renewed with them for £665 with 3yrs NCB but then 10months into the policy they cancelled the policy without any notice and said that they had been told I'd moved when I hadnt moved. Anyway, they wouldnt reinstate the policy and wouldnt even give me an extra yrs NCB and all they refunded me was £50! I'm now with Admiral and they were the cheapest coming in at £777 and thats with my 3yrs NCB. I wont be going with Sky again as they totally ripped me off and left me uninsured for well over a month until I checked askmid one day and my car came up uninsured. I've always paid my insurance in full as well...

I'm 29 by the way now....

I think a lot depends on wher you live aswel, ive been quoted £950, thats if paid in full, which I wont be doing. Its the cheapest and is with Adrian Flux, I havent recieved my renewal from them yet, but I would be shocked if the price is lower than last year, every insurer seems to put the price up unless you are a new customer? I dont get it.