Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Whirring Noise/ls 430 /06

egolex

I think it is the left rear wheel bearing.

It makes a sound ,almost like the exhaust,has something in it.

Just passed MOT/Nct no problem.

It almost sounds like a motorbike.

As far as I know the bearing is made into the hub assembly so have to buy the lot.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I would like to know before I purchase the part/s.

Is it a difficult job to replace?

Thanks in advance

Are you sure it's the rear hub? One way to tell is if the noise gets louder when you turn the steering one way or the other. If it does it's more likely to be the front. The other way is if you gently press the foot brake does the noise reduce? Then try the steering and foot brake together.

If it is the front then the job is relatively simple. Remove the front wheel and then the brake caliper (two bolts) and take the disk off. Undo the 4 bolts holding the hub into the carrier, they are situated behind the carrier. Now undo the nut holding the top ball joint and then loosen the ball joint. Look under the bottom of the hub carrier and you will see two bolts. Take them out and the carrier should now lift off complete. You will need a hydraulic press to get the hub out of the carrier and then you need to remove the corrosion which has built up around where the hub fits in. I found that a circular wire brush attached to a drill was by far and away the easiest way to clear this out. Offer up the new hub which should be a very easy fit and fit the four bolts remembering to put the disk cover back on correctly. Refit the carrier and the disk, tighten up all the bolts etc and the jobs a good 'un.

Not sure how difficult it is to do the rear as I haven't done that.

Best place to buy these is www.rockauto.com They ship to the UK and even with shipping the cost is less than it is to buy from Lexus in the UK. Part arrives in about 5 days - superb service from them.

HTH

Tc

• 2 weeks later...

As suspected ,it was the wheel bearing.Part no.Ls2410-50030.

Hub & bearing.

Fitted yesterday/whirring noise gone. :nuke:

Interesting point got the part in Dublin Euros 235.31 . :luck:

Price Quoted in U.K £245.00.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links