Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Exhaust Manifold ?

dan7773

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on LOC, so Hello all. I have a 2004 is200 se, apart from uprated brakes and a few cosmetic bits and pieces nothing has been done to her. I plan on doing some engine mods, so i'm going to start with a new exhaust manifold , but my problem is all i can seem to find are the same back boxes ect. All the manifolds seem to be discontinued , apart from those ones on eBay, which i'm not too sure about? The only other option is to get one made but i can see that being very expensive. Any help would be appreicated.

Cheers

The ones on eBay are fine they are made by IKE engineering someone that took the time to create a proper exhaust manifold. The rest you could buy of him too although the rest of the exhaust could be from any other place as long as they use the right diameter and material.

Thats the thing with eBay, its either good or very bad. Thought they had been made in china or somewhere like that.Like most things nowadays.So i think i will give one of those a try, can't really complain for that price .

a few people recently have bought the eBay manifold and works fine apart from the location of the o2 sensor it make it hit the firewall which can be solved by blocking off the o2 sensor by the fire wall and splicing the wires into the other sensor.

TBH changing the manifold aint going to get you any more bhp main reson people do it is to get rid of the cats when supercharged as they brake down when going FI

Thanks for your reply's,

Thought I might aswell give one a try, contacted three different companys about a fabricating a new manifold and all i got was we dont do them. I'll see what happens when it arrives if it dosn't fit then it will go back. got bigger problems at the moment. took my car for a service and mot last week, car was running fine before i brought it in. since then its been running flat, mpg has taken a hit and need to drop down a few more gears to get up hills. I've since taken it back to lexus , who did a diagnostic on it this morning, and they cant find anything wrong with it, they said it was running fine.

When I hit 4200 rpm you could feel the power "kick" in. Now you can't feel anything. there are no engine managment lights on. Its probably just bad luck, I cant see that anything they did on the service could effect it like it has. The lexus tech said it could be an O2 sensor on its way out .

Any suggestions anyone?

me thinks the lexus mechanic is right... ECU not getting the right oxygen levels will make it either run lean or rich depending on what the ecu gets as a reading.... changing the O2 sensor isn't a big deal it is in the airbox on the passengers side in the front it will not hurt to clean it up though and see if that helps.

i was on about the sensors in the exhaust manifold there are 2 (just nicked this from lamb's buitd thread on the other site)

So then when i installed the manifld the was the issue with the lambda sensor so fit 90adapter.

536222_10151454871720500_574495499_23390624_1295802243_n.jpg

Had it in before with no adapter just it banged on bulkhead, n was quite annoying underload and turning left! So after i put the 90adapter on, after 100 or so miles of driving Ecu light comes on, so going to try an adapter on the other sensor so both getting reading from a adapter, so no conflicts in data, not sure if my thinking is right but easyest thing to try, if not will blank and just wire into one sensor like some have suggested.

OOPS :$ mistake... anyway: judging by your picture I would get the Lambda connector re-welded it is at the wrong place...

unless you can get a longer cable on it and rotate the adaptor at an 180 degree angle then it should be fine.

PS is this the exhaust manifold from IKE engineering? Because the one I sold from my car had the adapter lower and the lambda sensor didn't touch anything ( yes it had an extended cable on it)

nope he also makes NA exhaust manifolds and mine got sold immediately as I didn't like the aftermarket exhaust at all ( looked like a scooby replica so got the whole lot replaced with oem... it is a lexus after all)

just fitted manifold, fits ok but getting rattling sound when accelerating sometimes, think lambda sensor is catching. should be able to fix problem by putting rubber gromit around the top of it .

also looking for a decent hi-flo 200 cel sports cat, anybody got any recommendations.

I would suggest going to one of those places that build it to your specifications on the car, that way you know it will be hassle free.