Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Performance Products...

Hi all, i'm new on the forum and will be taking ownership of my "new" 2000 IS200' i have already started looking for my go faster bits, as i am a South African expat, i was able to source a "like new" Toyota SC12 supercharger to which my mate said he would fit a bigger pully to, to supply a bit more boost, my question is based on the fact that i just want to add a bit more pep in the otherwise comfortable ride, now being involved in the South African modified scene for pretty much the last 6 - 8 yrs so i'm not exactly a noob, however i do know that when boosting a 4 potter you should use hardened internals if you doing it propperly or if you want reliability and can accept that you won't be breaking any records, you can cheat by using a metal gasket to lower compression and slap a bolt on kit and if you look after it your ride can and should give you many miles of smiles.

I'm assuming that the principle is the same with the 6 potter of the IS200, so, with the idea that i'm only interested in a little more power, can i get away with bolting the SC on or would i need to lower the compression?

Also, where can i get an intercooler kit and cat back system for reasonable prices, eventually i'll also want to get a set of Eibach street pro springs.

My last question involves the breaking system, is it advisable to uprate them or are the standard ones good enough for 30 -50 hp more?

Any way i look forward to your help and advice, thanks in advance

supercharger is the easiest bolt on without any internal upgrades.... it'll cost you as they are rare there is a cmpany in belgium that still sells the complete setup.... check the website in this category for it

scrap that look at this

like i said before there is a company in Belgium that still sells kits and parts get a hold of them i placed the name of the company on the site before just forgot the name but when i did a google search i found them (changed the google page to www.google.be then searched on the words: IS200 supercharger kit)

They sell the supercharger bracket separate too

they can supply you with the needed bits... although i have read before that people upgrade the following things:

blackbox ( by one made by someone on this forum )

bigger intercooler

bigger intercooler aluminium pipes

succes in your search ;)

Perhaps try Switzerland instead of Belgium. This firm http://www.bemani.ch...bsite/index.htm

I guess this will be the bit you're looking for http://www.bemani.ch...xus_IS200_K.htm

TG :lookaround:

like i said before there is a company in Belgium that still sells kits and parts get a hold of them i placed the name of the company on the site before just forgot the name but when i did a google search i found them (changed the google page to www.google.be then searched on the words: IS200 supercharger kit)

They sell the supercharger bracket separate too

they can supply you with the needed bits... although i have read before that people upgrade the following things:

blackbox ( by one made by someone on this forum )

bigger intercooler

bigger intercooler aluminium pipes

succes in your search ;)

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 months later...

hi, i have chip express digital tuning module for a Lexus is 220d 2.2 177ps. 2007 I bought it about 6 months ago and it complete changed the car for the better much improved torque 5 mpg +better car overall,towed caravan with car mpg improved from 27 to 30+ could never use 6th gear towing caravan until i got tuning box then probably used 6th gear 50% of time after that,i have changed my car so it is not suitable for this car i paid £400 for it and would sell for £110 if anyone is interested my email address

is ibs7491@hotmail.com

hi, i have chip express digital tuning module for a Lexus is 220d 2.2 177ps. 2007 I bought it about 6 months ago and it complete changed the car for the better much improved torque 5 mpg +better car overall,towed caravan with car mpg improved from 27 to 30+ could never use 6th gear towing caravan until i got tuning box then probably used 6th gear 50% of time after that,i have changed my car so it is not suitable for this car i paid £400 for it and would sell for £110 if anyone is interested my email address

is ibs7491@hotmail.com

This chip is for a diesel IS220D. This is on about petrol IS200 cars..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links