Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lowering Springs

new here...firstly hello. im jamie from mostly all over!

picked up my is200 last week, came from the honda scene, built 4 of them and got bored of the unreliablility, so went for as comfy vip type.

my question is i want my car lower, but i dont want to sacrifice the ride quality, ive purchased a few diffrent spring types over the years, most increase stiffness, dont really want that too much.

any help is appreciated really.

if you want to keep comfort the only way to go (apparently) is EIBACH springs... if it was me it'd save up BC or TEIN coilovers with damping control this enables you to properly slam the car yet keep comfort and ride quality improves ;)

I would recommend the MeisterR coilovers that Jerrick sells, were really nice on my LS400 ;)

Andy

cheers for the replies, but ive had coileys before, coileys are designed for track fast road? all the ones ive owned have been incredibly hard riding, i cant see how seeting meister r's to soft would replicate oem road comfort? unless ive just not experienced it?

hmm well after reading that i'm not going to bother, wouldnt call that 'low'and i don't want coileys. i also don't want to go through loads of tyres, standard its staying.

cheers for that link mate.

Eibach spring defo,40mm is the best for comfort,if u wanna slam it go coilover,springs waste a time for slam

not after slam though, just after a minimal arch gap, from seeing that lads on 40mm theres still a huge arch gap, and i'm not buying coileys ran coileys on all my hondas, no way are they comfy.

so ill leave it as it is.

I would recommend the MeisterR coilovers that Jerrick sells, were really nice on my LS400 ;)

Andy

cheers for the replies, but ive had coileys before, coileys are designed for track fast road? all the ones ive owned have been incredibly hard riding, i cant see how seeting meister r's to soft would replicate oem road comfort? unless ive just not experienced it?

As above, I would highly recommend the MeisterR Coilovers. They are specifically designed for the IS200/IS300 to retain the factory ride comfort by running slightly lighter springs than most coilies, but have 36 (I think) levels of damping adjustment.

Everything from super soft to rock hard so you can make them as comfy or sporty as you like.

Really can't beat them for the IS200, me and 2 guys from another forum both have them and they are great.

I would recommend the MeisterR coilovers that Jerrick sells, were really nice on my LS400 ;) Andy
As above, I would highly recommend the MeisterR Coilovers. They are specifically designed for the IS200/IS300 to retain the factory ride comfort by running slightly lighter springs than most coilies, but have 36 (I think) levels of damping adjustment. Everything from super soft to rock hard so you can make them as comfy or sporty as you like. Really can't beat them for the IS200, me and 2 guys from another forum both have them and they are great.

does this club do meets? because i may come along to one and go for a ride in a car with them fitted before i decide :)