Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Could some kind person assist please?

I want to order some new summer tyres online for my IS 250 (standard petrol model, bought end 2007), but the car isn't here and I can't be certain of the tyre size.

I just had a look at the Lexus UK site and it seems the current IS 250 has two different specs for front and rear, which seems odd. Could be because of alloy wheels? Not sure.

Can someone tell me what size tyres I should be ordering for my model of the IS 250? It is the bog-standard model; no special sporty branding.

Any assistance appreciated.

Fred, I have never bought a tyre by only looking in the car handbook for information. I always get on my hands and knees to find out the manufacturer and read the information on the side of the tyre then marry the two together. I've never had a problem doing it this way.

If, and the occasion hasn't arisen, the tyres on the car differ from the spec in the handbook then further investigation would be warranted.

Years ago some disreputable used car dealers to shod a car with anything that was at hand, whether that still goes on I don't know.

If you can't glean the information yourself I would suggest having a word with the Lexus dealer you either bought it from or who services it for you.

Fred, I have never bought a tyre by only looking in the car handbook for information. I always get on my hands and knees to find out the manufacturer and read the information on the side of the tyre then marry the two together. I've never had a problem doing it this way.

If, and the occasion hasn't arisen, the tyres on the car differ from the spec in the handbook then further investigation would be warranted.

Years ago some disreputable used car dealers to shod a car with anything that was at hand, whether that still goes on I don't know.

If you can't glean the information yourself I would suggest having a word with the Lexus dealer you either bought it from or who services it for you.

Fair enough - that's what I would normally do (the peering at the tyres bit). It was only that I won't see the car for a few days and I wanted to try and get these tyres ordered today. But it can wait. You're probably right. Cheers.

The rear tyres on the IS250 are staggered sizes, they're wider on the rear. The 17" rims, certainly the early ones, had the same 8" width rims all round but tyre sizes were 225/45/17 front and 245/45/17 rear.

If you have the 18" OEM rims the rims are also wider on the rear than the front (8" fronts, 8.5" rears) and were fitted with 225/40/18 and 255/40/18 tyres as standard.

The only second generation to have the same width tyres and rims all round is the IS250 All Wheel Drive (AWD) model, which isn't available in the UK.

My tyres are 205/55 R16, both front and rear (08 model).

Concurring with the above, the sticker on the pillar that the driver's door closes against (listing recommended tyre pressures) lists all the tyre size combinations mentioned in the thread so far i.e.

F R

205/55R16 205/55R16

225/45R17 245/45/R17

225/40R18 255/40R18

Seems I must drive the boggiest of the bog standard IS's !

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links